There is an unknown icon that keeps showing up next to the battery on the status bar of my iPhone 3G. It looks like an N with a square around it. It wasn't showing up before but now happens every time i open up an application. Can anyone tell me what this icon is and what I can do to get rid of it? I've been having problems getting my sBSettings>More Options to open up as well. It crashes each time I open it and i figured it had something to do with this icon. Please let me know!

2010-06-21 10:26 AM
    Is this a gmail password stealer? Or am I being too paranoid?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-06-21 12:03 PM
    Idunno? What would that mean?
    2010-06-21 03:10 PM
    Hi,

I also have that square and N icon appearing on my status bar. It's since I have installed SBSettings with Backgrounder, RecentDelete and Activator. It will show up when ever I launch another app.

Do you have any of the same apps installed, so we can narrow it down?

Someone must know what it means?

Cheers.
    And
    2010-07-01 11:02 AM
    For the sake of others wondering, I found the square with an N in it is the 'backgrounder' app 'status bar icon'
    2010-07-05 08:38 PM
    Definitely sounds like Backgrounder "Native Backgrounding Mode Enabled" icon. Check your Backgrounder Global settings and see if you enabled Native Backgrounding for all apps by default.
    2010-07-05 08:45 PM
    i know this thread is old but i wondered the same and was directed to here. Thanks for the answer.
    2012-07-01 08:09 AM
    Guys thanks so much. Backgrounder is something I've been looking for for ages
    2012-07-02 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD