i m having a few iphones 3gs (3.1.2) when i tried to upgrade em t0 3.13 the folowing message is displayed "iphone could not be restored. this device isn't eligible for the requested build" i don't want to upgrade to 4.0 as it will creat jailbreak or such other problems kindly suggest a solution

regards
    2010-06-22 04:36 PM
    Happened exactly like me, I wanted to restore my iPod touch so that i can upgrade to ios 4 (which needs itunes 9.2 and i have spirit jailbreak can go into infinite loop) so i downloaded the restore and i put restore when it says contacting apple it loads for a while then says "Cannot restore, device isn't eligible"
    2010-06-22 04:46 PM
    I'm having a similar but different issue. I have sold my iPhone 3GS with 3.1.3 jailbroke with Spirit. I did a wipe to get all my personal stuff off, then I was going to restore 3.1.3 and jailbreak again with Spirit before shipping.
    But I too keep getting the "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" message.

Not sure what to do and my buyer is waiting for me to ship! Should I restore iOS4 and jailbreak with ???

Help please!!!

Not sure if this makes a difference but I have saved my blobs with Saurik
    2010-06-22 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD