User Tag List

just about in a state of panic now

my iphone hasn't been working since yesterday...i only see the apple logo on the screen...put iphone into dfu mode to restore it...and i get the error message that apple software update server cannot be contacted...

the crash happened when i updated cydia's essential update...told me to 'reload springboard' (which looked suspicious from its usual restart springboard) but i clicked it (i shouldnt right) and it hung...and went downhill from there...had a lot of errors from missing hosts/uncontactable hosts from bigboss and modmyi prior to that yesterday...

then it suddenly revived...and so i presumed all was fine...and went about getting back my jailbroken apps from cydia...

but winterboard worked strange...

and after i downloaded back infinidock, it started to hang...crash...now back to permanent apple logo...

back to wanna restore but unable to restore...cos apple doesn't let me do so?

so i'm left with a paper weight...it was a jailbroken 3gs 3.1.3 in its previous life...

anything i can do? or what should i do?

it will boot up randomly...but i can't slide to unlock...like it's frozen...

then it would hang again and return back to the apple logo...

i need to get it in the safe mode so i can remove the culprit which i'm pretty sure is infinidock (at the moment it is for me)

how???
    Last edited by avalanchelynn; 2010-06-23 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-23 03:50 AM
    load it up enough to make sure your shsh is saved
    or save them with this:
    How to backup your SHSH blobs | All on the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad

then restore to 3.1.3 ipsw and you should have a fully functioning stock phone

if it runs for long enough, try to sync your contacts and any other important stuff too.

i never update in cydia, it just seems to cause problems. i get everything working, then why update?
    2010-06-23 06:35 AM
    i guess this was bad advice.. i just learned that you can only back up your shsh when apple is "signing" them.. currently, they are only singing 4.0.
    2010-06-24 07:06 AM
    Yep that is correct. No luck to back up 313 shsh now. However, if you let me know which software you used to jailbreak it previously we may be able to get you re-jb. If not, you may have to go with stock iOS4 until I working solution is available.
    2010-06-24 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD