I upgraded to my 3G to the new software update which came out yesterday, shortly after playing around with it for a few minutes the phone just restarted itself, and then kept doing it constantly in a loop. It would start up and show the apple screen for about 10 seconds and then restart all over again.

I did some research and found that I should restore the phone by putting it into Recovery Mode which I did... but when trying to restore the phone in iTunes it keeps failing and giving me the error number (9) half way through and then stops. I even went onto call Apple Technical support that guided me through for a whole hour using different computers (both mac and PC), different USB ports and different user accounts. None of which worked, and then eventually the support guy just gave up and said I need a replacement but then went onto said because im outside the 12 month warrenty period that I would have to pay 149 to get the replacement

Does anyone know how I can get the phone out of recovery mode, I have tried pressing the button combinations to get it out but it hasnt worked.
    2010-06-24 01:00 AM
    Well before you updated it was it jailbroken? If it was then it would probably mess up. You were supposed to restore it first then update to ios4
    2010-06-24 01:49 AM
    I have heard people having very little luck with fixing error 9. Sorry I can't be of more help but heres a link you might read and get some info from iphone 3g unable to restore (error 9) - Hackint0sh
    2010-06-24 01:51 AM
    Thanks ianbroste, im taking a look at that link now

Well before you updated it was it jailbroken? If it was then it would probably mess up. You were supposed to restore it first then update to ios4
    Unfortunetly yes, I wasnt aware of this. I have always simply upgraded straight fromt he jailbroken FW.
    2010-06-24 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD