Hello All -

I had a bit of trouble, but was able to get iOS4 on my own 3gs yesterday. Today, I'm doing my bosses' 3GS (Old BootROM I'm told).

I gave him the IPSW, but he couldn't get it to work so gave it to me to fix.

On 1 computer running Win7 & iTunes 9.1, I restored his iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2, then jailbroke it via RedSn0w. On a different computer running Win7x64 with iTunes 9.2, I then tried to restore iOS4 with my custom IPSW made in PwnageTool 4.0 (I think it was the same IPSW I used for mine yesterday, but am not 100% sure)

It gets to about 95% on both the iTunes status bar as well as the status bar on the 3gs, then freezes until I enevtually pull the plug at about the 25 minute mark.

Any ideas? - Thanks!
    2010-06-24 05:59 PM
    Try restoring to fresh 3.1.2., JB with Blackrain or OLD snowbreeze and then re-run it with Snowbreeze to upgrade to 4.0.
    2010-06-24 06:13 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    \
    I just got this message, but am now trying something new - I created a new JB 3.1.2 ipsw & new JB 4.0 IPSW in the new sn0wbreeze tool. I already restored the new JB 3.1.2 using iTunes 9.1 on the phone and am now trying to restore the new JB 4.0.

In case this doesn't work - I tried looking for an Old Sn0wbreeze, but only found versions as low as 1.5.2. Which version do I need to JB 3.1.2?

Thanks!

Well - nogo.

iTunes still freezes at about 90% - about where it should give the message "Verifying iPhone Firmware" or something like that. i'm going to try a new firmware that I created with pwnage 4.01.

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions! - Thanks!
    Last edited by BzowK; 2010-06-24 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-24 07:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I just got this message, but am now trying something new - I created a new JB 3.1.2 ipsw & new JB 4.0 IPSW in the new sn0wbreeze tool. I already restored the new JB 3.1.2 using iTunes 9.1 on the phone and am now trying to restore the new JB 4.0.

In case this doesn't work - I tried looking for an Old Sn0wbreeze, but only found versions as low as 1.5.2. Which version do I need to JB 3.1.2?

Thanks!

Well - nogo.

iTunes still freezes at about 90% - about where it should give the message "Verifying iPhone Firmware" or something like that. i'm going to try a new firmware that I created with pwnage 4.01.

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions! - Thanks!
    I have the same problem too, it reaches 90 % at restoring iphone software and it stays hanging there. What I did was, I pulled out the cable and Itunes still kept running. I closed Itunes by using the task manager.I then rebooted the Iphone again, it goes into recovery. I then use another computer to restore again, it works flawlessly. Everything works fine but the only thing is my youtube issue. It says cannot connect to YouTube. I think it has something to do with Signing of Cert on jailbroken Iphone.
    2010-06-24 07:29 PM
    I figured it out!

If you have WiFiSync installed, then uninstall it, reboot your computer, then try again.

After I uninstalled WiFiSync, I restarted my computer, restored 3.1.2 with an IPSW jailbroken via pwnage 3.1.4 on 1 computer with iTunes 9.1, then restored 4.0 (jb via pwnage 4.01) in iTunes 9.2 on different computer.

It worked! - Good luck and thank all who posted!
    2010-06-24 07:46 PM
    Yeah, I am using two computers to do the job too. But since my first laptop hangs at 90% at restoring Iphone firmware, I had to update my Itunes to 9.2 on the other laptops too which is a HP, and it restored successfully.
    2010-06-24 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD