I tried using the directions listed here http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post5308307

I am using itunes NOT 9.2. . i have o.s. 3.1.3 with spirit jailbreak. my serial number is 5k0040. im told the 40 represents my bootrom. but theres other instructions elsewhere on this site which say i can go to the device manager and look for IBOOT. there it says 359.3.2

model number is MB

model firmware is 05.12.01

i try to restore to the custom firware and it says my device is not eligible for this build. YES ihave SHSH on file in cydia.

am i doing something wrong or is it just not possible. i am using windows 7.

pls let me know thanks
    2010-06-25 05:22 AM
    the 04 represents your week. 0 represents your year. So you have a 4th week of 2010 device... the new boot rom started in about the 40th week of 2009.

Your on the new bootrom and have to wait until the next jailbreak solution, it should be out within a week, but give it time, it'll be better if developers get things right the first time, instead of 3 revisions within 24 hours.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-06-25 05:45 AM
    the 04 represents your week. 0 represents your year. So you have a 4th week of 2010 device... the new boot rom started in about the 40th week of 2009.

Your on the new bootrom and have to wait until the next jailbreak solution, it should be out within a week, but give it time, it'll be better if developers get things right the first time, instead of 3 revisions within 24 hours.
    thank you. the answer i needed. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
    2010-06-25 06:03 AM
    No problem

dig your username, boondocks is the shiznit hahaha
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-06-25 06:04 AM
    the next jailbreak solution, it should be out within a week, but give it time, it'll be better if developers get things right the first time, instead of 3 revisions within 24 hours.
    Most likely with this new jailbreak can we install the straight apple version of 4.0 and then jailbreak / unlock or are we going to need to upgrade from an unlocked version?

I'm having issues and would like to upgrade right to 4.0
    2010-06-25 06:18 AM
    No problem

dig your username, boondocks is the shiznit hahaha
    lol i freakin love the shoes. so sad its the last season but this season has been having great numbers. hopefully sony changes their mind. i have all of this seasons episodes on my iphone. im sad apple didnt bump up the storage on iphone4 im dying for some 64gb
    2010-06-25 06:22 AM
    Most likely with this new jailbreak can we install the straight apple version of 4.0 and then jailbreak / unlock or are we going to need to upgrade from an unlocked version?

I'm having issues and would like to upgrade right to 4.0
    If your on your 3gs, at this moment, the only way to have a jailbroken ios4, is if your on the older boot-rom, and already jailbroken.

My recommendation would be to wait a week or so until there is a new solution for ALL devices, to avoid confusion.
    2010-06-25 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD