hey guys, i bought an iphone 3gs today and i was very excited. Ive been looking all day but im not sure if its jailbreakable (i dont need an unlock). its an Iphone 3gs 32gb running OS 4 here is the rest of the information on it.

Model: Mc137LL
    serial number: ***27******
    Modem Firmware: 05.13.04
    Bootloader 6.4
    F0recast said it was not unlockable, and it wouldnt be tethered.

Is there a jailbreak out there for it???

Thx in advance.

Note: this was upgraded by the old owner to 4.0. 4.0 was not factory installed.
    2010-06-26 03:22 AM
    hey guys, i bought an iphone 3gs today and i was very excited. Ive been looking all day but im not sure if its jailbreakable (i dont need an unlock). its an Iphone 3gs 32gb running OS 4 here is the rest of the information on it.

Model: Mc137LL
    serial number: ***27******
    Modem Firmware: 05.13.04
    Bootloader 6.4
    F0recast said it was not unlockable, and it wouldnt be tethered.

Is there a jailbreak out there for it???

Thx in advance.

Note: this was upgraded by the old owner to 4.0. 4.0 was not factory installed.
    If it is new, then No jailbreak, if it is used, and whether the person has saved the 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 shsh file, then you can downgrade and jailbreak it and unlock. The present bb you have is unlockable but if you can't jailbreak , means you cannot unlock eventhough the bb is unlockable
    You can use usbview and fw umbrella to check that info.
    2010-06-26 03:26 AM
    It was never jailbroken in the past :/ or so ive been told.

But this odd thing happened that leads me to believe otherwise.

I got the phone and popped my sim in there (didnt have a data plan at all) and i plugged it into itunes and it instantly said iphone activated and even if i take the sim out it still works. I had the iphone 2g jailbroken and unlocked before, and someone told me that because i had the iphone 2g on my no data plan sim card the att network accepted it. Is there any explaination to this?
    Last edited by BMNB1tches; 2010-06-26 at 03:33 AM.
    2010-06-26 03:27 AM
    Then sorry you are out of luck..no matter what you do
    2010-06-26 03:33 AM
    out of luck for the time being or out of luck forever? until they release a new pwnage tool or something like that?
    2010-06-26 03:35 AM
    out of luck for the time being or out of luck forever? until they release a new pwnage tool or something like that?
    Hahaha, not forever and I don't think your Iphone will last forever too...LOL
    2010-06-26 03:57 AM
    haha i ment is there hope for it in the near future? cuz i rly want to use it but i cant until i jailbreak it because id ont want att charging me for the data plan....

if i put my sim in there and it works without the data plan am i at risk of them putting it on there automatically?

thx a bunch for the help!
    Last edited by BMNB1tches; 2010-06-26 at 06:35 AM. Reason: thx
    2010-06-26 06:35 AM
    They can't automatically start charging you for a data plan you don't consent to. Go ahead and use it the way it is. Worst thing that can happen is if they feel like being asses, they'll call you to tell you to get the data plan. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

I really wish the JB would come out for iOS4 on the 3GS already. I thought for sure there would have been one from the get go when iOS4 was released. Time's running out for me.. moving back to Canada so this phone that I have is going to be absolutely useless to me until a JB comes out.

I think it's pretty retarded an unlock is available before the JB is.
    2010-06-26 09:20 AM
    I agree lol the iphone is pretty much useless to me too if its not jailbroken :P hopefully it'll be out soon.

But thx for the tip about the not charging me part glad to hear it.

PS. does anyone know if there's and ETA on when the JB will be out?
    Last edited by BMNB1tches; 2010-06-26 at 04:11 PM.
    2010-06-26 04:01 PM
    dude dnt worry abt e jailbreak il find it im also in e same situation,im lookin e new spirit i beliv it wil do e trick
    2010-07-02 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD