ive been reading in a few places and i still havent been able to figure this out.

i just got this 3gs today the previews owner had it unlocked but before selling it to me he restored it and itunes automatically turned it to os 4.0

i know it was jailbroken before but i have no idea how he did it and he does not remember what program he used to jailbreak it before.

i also need to unlock it for use in tmobile

and im a mac user.

what do i need to do downgrade to what or what program should i be using

( i have previews experience with pwnage tool, black rain on 2g but i dont know what to do in this new version ) please help!!

p.s. he told me this is the first versions of the 3gs that were easyer to jailbreak
    Last edited by janmillan; 2010-06-26 at 07:07 AM.
    2010-06-26 07:04 AM
    first of all you will need to be able to downgrade to 3.1.2, you can use tinyumbrella to see if the previous owner saved the 3.1.2 shsh's or not, if he did you can use this guide to downgrade back to 3.1.2 http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...phone-3gs.html , once back on 3.1.2 use redsn0w 0.9.2 to jailbreak the phone and this guide to get back to 4.0 if that is what you want to do (you will be jailbroken on 4.0 if you use this method) http://modmyi.com/forums/mmi-guides-...tool-os-x.html , it also has a link at the end of the guide for unlocking, good luck
    2010-06-26 12:51 PM
    the iphone was restored so he could delete all his stuff so there is nothing stored in it. i dont mind the version i just need it unlocked because i lost my phone. and im pretty much phone less

i just need to be able to use the iphone with tmobile if there is a way to just unblock the baseband to be able to use it with tmobile i dont really need to have cydia at the moment eventually i want it but i just need to use it as a phone

the previews owner had at&t so it has never been unlocked

like i said before i dont mind going to a previews version i just need to be able to use the internet and ill be fine with regular apple apps while the 4.0 jailbreak with out so much hassle is available

i dont have cydia or anything on it right now as a matter a fact i restored it again and now i cant even use it because it says no sim card insalled insert a valid sim with out pin blah blah... im just waiting for someone with att to arive to try and fix this and get set on fixing my iphone

also on less important matter unless its now i heard there was something from the guy from black rain called jailbreak 4 ever that he was gonna be working on this weekend anyone have any idea when this will be available?
    Last edited by janmillan; 2010-06-27 at 03:57 AM.
    2010-06-27 03:54 AM
    If you want to have any chance of unlocking your phone...
    Do what j3st3r3 said to do....
    2010-06-27 04:07 AM
    this is what i got out of umbrella

in the guide you gave me :

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...e-ios-4-a.html

it says the following

Before we even get started, you must have your SHSH blobs on file with Saurik's server. You can tell if you have this by opening cydia and seeing a message similar to this

but i dont have cydia on my 4.0 iphone 3gs
    Last edited by janmillan; 2010-06-27 at 05:24 AM.
    2010-06-27 05:20 AM
    You don't have your 3.1.2 files stored, you can't downgrade.
    2010-06-27 05:31 AM
    just out of curiosity are the shsh blobs stored on the iphone or on the users computer because if so it might be stored on the previews owners computer
    2010-06-27 04:51 PM
    The blobs are normally stored on Cydia's server unless the user used the umbrella program to store them on his computer.
    2010-06-27 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD