So I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS 32gb to iOS 4 today with Sn0wbreeze, had downgraded back to 3.1.2 to manage it, and when I finally got this thing to properly run iOS 4 through iTunes and get it to boot up my 3GS running iOS 4 jailbroken for once, I went & downloaded a few free AppStore apps before I decided to finally open Cydia.

Once I opened Cydia it did its whole collection data or whatever before it restores (closes before you can update it/install stuff) It did exactly as it did but when it reloaded or re-sprung the springboard I came back to losing some stock iOS 4 apps as well as Cydia.

They are nowhere to be found or anything. Can't spotlight search it or nothing. But for some reason still got my free AppStore apps & few stock iOS 4 apps; except iTunes missing its 'logo'. Here are some pics. If someone how a solution or a fix please let me know, thanks!
    Last edited by MexiChriS; 2010-06-28 at 10:09 PM.
    2010-06-28 10:05 PM
    Try settings > General > Restrictions > Enable...... go back to the home screen then do it all again but disable restrictions
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-06-29 01:00 AM
    Try settings > General > Restrictions > Enable...... go back to the home screen then do it all again but disable restrictions
    Okay, as odd as that seemed to attempt to 'fix', i went ahead and did it but still didn't do anything Did you have that same problem & try that? Thanks by the way was worth a shot!

Does anyone else have a reason behind this or a fix to this!? Seriously what you see in those pics provided is all I've got to use nothing else.
    2010-06-29 01:56 AM
    A lot of people (including myself) had icons disappear after putting them into foldering with "Categories" and that would fix it. Any chance you hid them using sbsettings? Have you tried syncing your phone and maybe they will reappear?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-06-29 02:05 AM
    A lot of people (including myself) had icons disappear after putting them into foldering with "Categories" and that would fix it. Any chance you hid them using sbsettings? Have you tried syncing your phone and maybe they will reappear?

There was no use of SBSettings or Categories or any sort of Cyida related apps installed at all! As noted in the 1st post of this. I barely got to open Cydia once before even getting it's data collected.

Don't know where you got that idea from. But I know what you mean about the whole Categories app and SBSettings. But Like I said, I never even got to install anything from Cydia, not input repos or download. Barely got Cydia loaded up, let it collect data then close, and boom came back to stock apps missing as well as Cydia.

No clue how it happened or why and don't seem to find anyone else with this issue online buuuut it happened to me:/

Also I have tried synching my iPhone 3GS and nothing... even thought a backup restore would help when I 1st had it connected & setup through iTunes when getting it onto iOS 4. But that didn't help as well.
    Last edited by MexiChriS; 2010-06-29 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-29 03:04 AM
    Well I solved the fix to this whole issue. Took me 4x to reinstall custom firmware to get it to work properly.

So in case anyone comes into this situation and needs a 'fix'. JUST reinstall the custom firmware made by Sn0wbreeze & I'm sure it would be the same for PwnageTool.

But yea just reinstall custom firmware and you should be good. Like I said it took me 4x to finally get a good clean install... which was very odd. But hey it worked finally!
    2010-07-01 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD