My iPhone 3GS 32GB (White) has NEVER been jailbroken before.
    It is old bootrom (according to iDetector).

I have a PC and a MAC, so let me know if it is possible at the moment because I've tried the Pwnage method and the other method on PC, and it gives me an error when restoring.
    2010-06-29 03:27 AM
    the error may be because you have the wrong firmware which you are poitning it to

What is the firmware you have currently installed- go to settings> general>about to find out what version.

If you have 3.1.3 use spirit, it is fast and there is nothing to ruin as the process is made for newbs to just push the jailbreak button.

More info--firmware, baseband etc.. culd be that you upgraded to iOS$.) when you first started itunes?

Let us know the stats and we can talk you through it mate.

T
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.
    2010-06-29 04:51 AM
    The iPhone was already in firmware 4.0 when I bought it.
    But I know it is the old bootrom.. so can i do anything?
    2010-06-29 04:59 AM
    You can downgrade to 3.1.3 (heaps on info here) :

3G[S] Downgrading

Once you have downgraded to 3.1.3 new or old bootrom, use spirit to jailbreak.
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.
    2010-06-29 05:11 AM
    all of them say that i have to back up my shsh blobs .. but i never did.
    all i know is that my firmware is 4.0, but with old bootrom

iphone 3gs
    model: MC138LL
    serial number: 88925P063....(not saying the rest)
    modem firmware: 05.13.04

can i downgrade? if so, how/what method?
    Last edited by laffytaffykidd; 2010-06-29 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-29 05:26 AM
    T[/QUOTE]

My iPhone 3GS 32GB (White) has NEVER been jailbroken before.
    It is old bootrom (according to iDetector).

I have a PC and a MAC, so let me know if it is possible at the moment because I've tried the Pwnage method and the other method on PC, and it gives me an error when restoring.
    If you have os4 on it now, you are temporarily out of luck. You will have to wait until a jailbreak for 4 comes out. Hopefully sooner rather than later If you have 313 on it, you can jailbreak, but before you do anything else, download umbrella and save your SHSHs to both the Sauric/cydia servers and locally.
    2010-06-29 05:27 AM
    all of them say that i have to back up my shsh blobs .. but i never did.
    all i know is that my firmware is 4.0, but with old bootrom

iphone 3gs
    model: MC138LL
    serial number: 88925P063....(not saying the rest)
    modem firmware: 05.13.04

can i downgrade? if so, how/what method?
    MC models are the newer boot I thought?
    2010-06-29 06:37 AM
    mc models only apply to IPT2G, if whomever you bought the phone from had it previously jailbroken them chances are there are some
    shsh's saved on saurik's server, download tinyumbrella and have it try to fetch your shsh's from cydia starting with 3.1.3 and working backwards see if/how many you can get, whichever ones you can get then you can restore back to one of the older firmwares (preferably 3.1.2 or older), jailbreak that with redsn0w or blackra1n, then get a custom 4.0 and restore to that and be jailbroken on 4.0
    2010-06-29 10:43 AM
    The person I bought it from has never jailbroken it before, so .. I'm guessing there is no chance?
    2010-06-29 01:49 PM
    The person I bought it from has never jailbroken it before, so .. I'm guessing there is no chance?
    correct. i'm in the same boat as you, mate.
    2010-06-29 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD