I have an iPhone 2G w/ 3.0.1FW and it does everything that I want it to. I've had folders for over a year that are better than what's featured in the new 4.0 and multiple other options and hacks that have made my friends who own non-jailbroke iPhones jealous.

The question I have is, since the new update of 4.0FW has been introduced, I've noticed that in my AppStore just about every app has a "Update for 4.0FW" listed.

I've downloaded some of these and they work just fine but, the Facebook app now says "iOS 4.0 Tested" and includes an update that reads "Update for iOS4: Fast App Switching, high-resolution icons". I haven't yet tried to install it and was wondering if I did, would it even let me download it? If so, will anything that they updated mess with my ability to use it on my current FW?

I'm guessing Apple has completely dropped support for the 2G and I most likely won't be able to get any other apps or updates since they're all going the way of 4.0...correct?
    2010-07-01 05:45 AM
    Well some dev released a tweak to "trick" the phone to being on 3.1.3 but dunno if they will release for 4.0. But its something you can hope for. But right now it only goes to 3.1.3
    2010-07-01 06:05 AM
    What about updating the current apps from the App Store? If the updates only support iOS4.0, it shouldn't let me download it, right?

I'm just concerned that I'll update an app through the App Store, it will take, and then I won't be able to use the app anymore.
    2010-07-01 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD