Recently I bought a 3GS iPhone on iOS 4.0 with 5.13.04
    And it was pretty clean when I got it: no jailbreak or unlock history; the girl I bought it from was using AT&T.
    The iPhone was also bought the day it came out.
    I've been trying to find methods to jailbreak it, and I've quite literally tried everything, only to come to nothing at all. For whatever reason.
    I've tried to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3, but I couldn't. No matter what I tried (custom firmwares, regular firmwares) (I also have an iPod touch, I kinda have an idea of what to do--i.e. DFU mode, recovery mode, etc.)
    So I tried to jailbreak 4.0, but there don't seem to be any stable methods..except the fabled limera1n.

I'm also looking to unlock it so I can use my AT&T sim card with it, without paying the data charges (yeah.. I hate capitalism haha)

Should I wait it out? Is there a method I overlooked? Is there a reason why I can't downgrade it?

Let me know

Thanks
    --Sakon
    2010-07-01 07:29 PM
    you cannot jailbreak at this time if your phone is running iOS4 and has never been jailbroken before. just have to wait it out for a release that supports your phone. (i'm in the same boat.)
    2010-07-01 08:50 PM
    You won't be able to jailbreak it or downgrade firmware if it is already on iOS 4 and has never been jailbroke. Also with unlocking AT&T can still see you are on an iPhone and will add a data plan onto your plan.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-01 08:51 PM
    Might as well pay for data and get a working iphone asap
    2010-07-01 08:53 PM
    AT&T would still charge me? Even if I unlock?
    2010-07-01 10:43 PM
    Ya unless you are using a different service other than AT&T. It still shows on their computer you are using an iPhone
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-02 12:17 AM
    I see. And is there any way to get around that?
    2010-07-02 07:25 AM
    Not without an unlock, which is currently not possible because you can jailbreak.
    2010-07-02 12:41 PM
    And unlocking would allow me to use the iPhone with my AT&T sim card with my plans on it WITHOUT being charged for data that I'm not going to use? Or would I need to get something in Cydia, for instance, that would allow me to turn off the data plan?

I tried to create a fake APN, but as I was doing that,it told me that os4.0 doesn't need a fake data plan because now the data plans are optional. But I don't wanna take my chances..
    2010-07-02 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD