Ok I have had the iphone 3g for almost two years now. I have been forking 90 bucks a month to att and I have some questions that I am sure people on here can help me out with. First of all if att makes you sign a 2 year contract to even purchase the phone then how can you unlock and use a different sim card without having to pay to get out of the contract or paying for two contracts while using one phone? I see that when my two year contract is up I can just cancel the att contract and go with a different company but then they came out with the iphone 4 which looks amazing and thats why I am inquiring on if its possible purchase the new Iphone 4 without being stuck in another expensive 2 year att contract. Thanks for any help in advance.

Travis
    2010-07-02 12:43 AM
    You can buy an iPhone 4 without a 2 year contract $700 for a 32 and 600 for a 16. $36 for activation, then you have to have one month of service $90 then cancel it and then (assuming there is a jb/unlock out by then) jb and unlock it.

600+36+90=726

Or you can get the 2 yr contract pay $300 for 32 or 200 for 16, $36 for activation and then cancel the plan after a month $90 and pay $325 minus $10 for each month of service.

200+36+90+315=641
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-02 01:30 AM
    Ok Thanks so much for explaining that to me. I am probably better off just waiting to see if verizon comes out with an iphone in January like speculations say. Is my old iphone worth anything. It is well used and has a small crack by the plug in. Screen is 7 out of 10 and ive always had a protector on it. Cuz if i could get enough out of it that would justify spending 600 to get the new iphone 4.
    Thanks again
    2010-07-02 01:41 AM
    I just helped (jb and unlocked on iOS 4) my friend sell his 8gb 3g that had a crack on the back, was majorly scuffed on the back and had some dust under the screen. Sold it easily for $200. Look at your local craigslist to see what your phone would go for.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-02 01:49 AM
    Ok I have another question. How are people selling the brand new iphone 4 for 600 dollars? If you buy two iphones at apple store i assume they make you set up both on your account meaning you would have to pull the sim so someone isn't using the phone on your bill. Otherwise I can't see them making any money and going through the trouble for nothing. Even overseas factory unlocked phones would be more than 600???
    2010-07-02 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD