The only reason I am not upgrading to 4.0 is because I love my current downloaded modern warfare 2 theme. It replaces every single sound (sms, mail, lock) with an awesome MW2 sound.

Is there a way to alter the sounds without a jailbreak? If not, then I wont upgrade to 4.0 until there is a simple jailbreak.
    2010-07-03 07:35 PM
    You'd have to go into the system files and alter them. This requires SSHing into the phone. You can attempt to SSH with iFunBox which works without a jailbreak, tho I have experienced a lack of access to certain areas without jailbreaking (can't confirm if it was my computer or the phone). Test it out first on your phone as it is, find the sound files and try to alter them and see if it works. Then you can upgrade to iOS 4 and do the same.

Warning: attempt at your own risk, I have given what I am knowledgeable due to personal experience but this information is to be used at your own discretion
    2010-07-04 07:42 AM
    I'm almost positive that you will not be able to change any of the system "UI Sounds" that the theme is doing for you at the moment. iFunbox and other similar programs will allow access to a very limited amount of folders, none of which will get you far enough in to make those kind of changes.
    2010-07-04 07:47 AM
    you can also easily without jailbreak change the ringtones, go to zedge, and set your phone to iphone 3g and when you find your ringtone it will download as a m4r tone, then drag and drop to itunes and sync, easy
    2010-07-05 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD