I have my original iphone 1.0 running firmware 1.1.4 (4A102) that I cleared all the photo's off for my son to use. Problem is after I cleared the photo's the camara no longer works. It looks as though it takes the picture, but it does not save it anywhere in the photo file. (phone jailbroken and unlocked with some type of installer program)

#1: Any suggestions to get the camara to work again (did I accidentally delete a file I needed with the photo's)

#2: Can this phone's firmware be upgraded so possibly the camara will work again and some of the newer app's?

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks...
    2010-07-05 06:41 AM
    no harm in updating the phone. as long as itunes has backed up your phone. plus its easy to jb old iphones.
    2010-07-05 10:51 AM
    I am unsure how high the FW can be upgraded tho, I know for a fact iOS4 won't work on it, but i'm not sure if 3.0 would work. I'd suggest going incrementally, try going to FW 2.0 first, see how it runs, is it slow etc, then and only then if your happy with it, upgrade to 3.0.

I learnt first hand of the burden of an iPhone 3G on iOS4, I upgraded my GF's and it's very slow.
    2010-07-05 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD