My question form a total noobie here. If I sync this phone with my exiting iTunes it says it needs to reset my device. If I allow this will it un-jailbreak my phone?

Tom
    2010-07-06 01:21 PM
    From what I have read..... Yes it will... I dont know away around this either.(sorry) But I think these super smart peeps, should be able to help..
    2010-07-06 01:29 PM
    I want to say no it won't. Not 100% though.
    2010-07-06 01:54 PM
    it will probably take off your jailbreak, but its no big deal, just re-jailbreak it. with all the tools, forums, website tutorials, it wont take you more than 20 minutes. or you can email the guy you bought it from and ask him for his itunes music library files and use his on your itunes, so that way you can sync the iphone. thats what i am going to do for the person who buys my JB'd/unlocked 3gs
    2010-07-06 03:22 PM
    It wants to reset your device? As in restore?

If this is the case it shouldn't, it should simply say something like 'the iPhone "Someone's iPhone" is currently synced to another iTunes library, do you want to sync it with this iTunes library?'

To which you reply 'Yes'

It will then say "Doing this will reset all apps/photo's music and settings from the iPhone 'Someone's iPhone' are you sure you want to do this?'

Again you click yes

This will then basically wipe the settings apps etc from the iphone. So it is basically like a fresh install. But the JB will still be there as iTunes cannot wipe it without doing a full restore.
    2010-07-06 03:52 PM
    Thanks Will01! That is what I thought, I just wanted to be sure.

Tom
    2010-07-06 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD