Hey guys, i had been searching and reading through this forum but i cant find any answers to my question. It might sound silly to some of you but since i'm new to this, so ya bear with me.

I'm trying to jailbreak + unlock this iphone 3gs, 3.1 firmware but first i want to safe the shsh file so if anything happened i can restore to 3.1 firmware but the umbrella doesnt let me do that. everytime when i click on submit, it tells me that it cannot create the file. The only available ones are to create 3.1.2/3 firmware and not 3.1.

Then i tried to upgrade to 3.1.2 so i can jailbreak with blackra1n but apple doesnt let me either; even i have the 3.1.2 firmware file. ( I did it in DFU mode with shift+restore )
    - I found out that apple doesnt sign the something contract that's why i cant upgrade.. is there anyway i can do it?

So ya i'm trying to jailbreak my 3gs 3.1 firmware. Any suggestion of what program i should use or should i upgrade it to some other firmware before i can jailbreak or etc. Please help me.

I'm stuck with this for almost a week trying to figure this out. I greatly appreciate your help and thank you for spending a few minutes of your life reading this out.
    Last edited by aemosh; 2010-07-06 at 02:44 PM.
    2010-07-06 02:42 PM
    Firstly, if you have 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 saved and try to restore to that you need to ensure you have pointed your hosts to saurik. Take a look here:

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

In re of JB 3.1 take a look at Redmond Pie and it will guide you on how to do this.
    2010-07-06 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD