User Tag List

1st post but I have been reading here for quite awhile.

I just bought a fairly new 3GS that had firmware 3.1.3 on it. I

had tried a few things that I read that might work with no luck

in jailbreaking it. The last attempt I made, I created a 4.0

jailbroken ipsw restore file with Sn0wbreeze v1.7 but it also

wouldnt load and when I tried a second time, I accidently loaded

the original 4.0 ipsw file in Itunes and it took.

this is what I have now according to f0rcast....

Baseband- 5-13-04
    Bootloader- 6.4
    Model MC131

and it is running on the factory 4.0 firmware.

Will Spirit jailbreak this if I use an at&t sim card from

another IPhone?

Can it be unlocked after this using ultrasn0w 9.3?

If this will not work but something will (or comming soon)

please let me know. Thanks for any help on this.
    2010-07-07 09:33 PM
    If you have got the official 4.0 fw without having your SHSH's on cydia you cannot jb you'll have to wait for musclenerd planetbeing and comex to release the jailbreak/unlock. should be coming soon hang in there !

Keep Or Delete My Sig ? :/
    2010-07-07 11:22 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I have just read that it is possible to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on the 3gs using iRecovery and LibUSB with the 3.1.3 ipsw file.

If this is true then couldnt I downgrade,activate it with a sim then jailbreak it?
    2010-07-08 03:45 AM
    Hi, same problem, I succesfuly downgraded to 3.1.3 with SHSH blob but still canot JB nor with SPIRIT (errors-stp process) and blackra1n finish the process and nothing happend(blackra1n is only for 3.1.2 not for 3.1.3).. I have not original SIM since I bought it without SIM in HK even don't know which operator. Does the SPIRIT failed because iPhone is unlocked? Is there possibility to JB with original card inside? So does that anti-liberty crApple win over the all good hackers? I really want to push this iBrick to Jobs *** and go to some open system like Android.
    2010-07-08 07:15 AM
    Hi, same problem, I succesfuly downgraded to 3.1.3 with SHSH blob but still canot JB nor with SPIRIT (errors-stp process) and blackra1n finish the process and nothing happend(blackra1n is only for 3.1.2 not for 3.1.3).. I have not original SIM since I bought it without SIM in HK even don't know which operator. Does the SPIRIT failed because iPhone is unlocked? Is there possibility to JB with original card inside? So does that anti-liberty crApple win over the all good hackers? I really want to push this iBrick to Jobs *** and go to some open system like Android.
    if you put original sim inside and plugin with itunes then i tunes will activate it. then spirit will work and jailbreak ur phone. then u need to add ultrasnow repo in cydia and unlock the phone.
    2010-07-08 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I have just read that it is possible to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on the 3gs using iRecovery and LibUSB with the 3.1.3 ipsw file.

If this is true then couldnt I downgrade,activate it with a sim then jailbreak it?
    ohh sorry i thought you the iPhone 4, yes that is possible. but musclenerd is on the final stage of the iphone os4 unlock now so the jailbreak if he releases before the apple update will be within the next couple of days probobly.

Keep Or Delete My Sig ? :/
    2010-07-12 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD