Hey guys, quick question. I got my iphone 4 at the apple store because they didnt have it anywhere else at the time. When checking out he kept my unlimited data plan but texting was not able to keep my $10 1000 messeges plan and had to change it to either $5 200 messeges or $15 1,500 messeges. I was confused why he couldnt keep my plan but he said he no control and basically told me to leave. So i just signed up for the $5 plan thinking i could change it back after talking to AT&T. After calling AT&T they said i was f*cked once i changed it and i couldnt get it back.

So my question is, is there any way, jailbroken ofcourse, to send text messeges using data?
    2010-07-08 02:48 AM
    Textfree Unlimited app.

Gives you another phone number but it uses data/wifi to send texts for free (after a one time purchase fee of course). I use my regular number for calls and my TextFree number for texts, my friends got all confused at first but they got a hang of it after I stored both numbers in their phone and explained that one was for texting and the other for calls, ahaha. I'd rather do this than pay extra for texting. It really works great if you can deal with using a separate number.

EDIT* For a limited time, they are giving it away for FREE in the app store right now (just checked yesterday). Forgot to mention that :P
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-08 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-08 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD