so pissed, two iphones exactly the same 3g 16gb one goes to DFU one doesn't WTF

I'm trying to unlock them for a couple (matching white iphones so sweet) and I got one of them taken care of in 15 minutes, super easy, nothing to it. The 2nd one no matter what I do will not go in to DFU mode.

I've tried every technique I've ever heard of and even invented a few new ones (they didn't work either) and I'm about to lose my mind.

Are there issues that stop you from entering DFU?

I even tried the downloading dfu putting it on C: etc and it wouldn't work.

Any help or even a "you're screwed" would feel good at this point.

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S. over 2 hours straight of trying and I got the other one easy so I don't think it's my technique.
    Both are on 3.1.3 but I think I'm going to upgrade to 4.0 and see if it fixes the DFU issues.
    Last edited by Stonetz; 2010-07-10 at 03:06 AM.
    2010-07-10 02:54 AM
    so pissed, two iphones exactly the same 3g 16gb one goes to DFU one doesn't WTF

I'm trying to unlock them for a couple (matching white iphones so sweet) and I got one of them taken care of in 15 minutes, super easy, nothing to it. The 2nd one no matter what I do will not go in to DFU mode.

I've tried every technique I've ever heard of and even invented a few new ones (they didn't work either) and I'm about to lose my mind.

Are there issues that stop you from entering DFU?

I even tried the downloading dfu putting it on C: etc and it wouldn't work.

Any help or even a "you're screwed" would feel good at this point.

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S. over 2 hours straight of trying and I got the other one easy so I don't think it's my technique.
    Both are on 3.1.3 but I think I'm going to upgrade to 4.0 and see if it fixes the DFU issues.
    If it doesn't allow DFU mode, go with Recovery Mode and restore.
    2010-07-10 03:54 AM
    good idea, I'm going to see if I can even get it in to recovery mode though.

update: Can't get it in to recovery mode either. Thanks for the advice, it was good it just didn't work this time.

Anyone else have any ideas? Seems this isn't a normal problem. I'm going to ask them if I can go to 4.0 and try tomorrow if no one comes up with something better.
    Last edited by Stonetz; 2010-07-10 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-10 05:09 AM
    What exactly are you trying to do, if you want to restore to a file and your Iphone is running , just do a shift + restore to the downloaded ipsw.
    To trigger recovery mode, turn off your Iphone , while holding the Home button , plug your Iphone into the pc, hold it until the Itunes cable logo comes on : This is recovery mode, to get out do a HARD reset, simply hold both Power and Home button until it reboots.
    It is so funny, everyone here tries to get out of Recovery or DFU mode and here you are trying to get into DFU or RECOVERY mode...LOL
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-10 at 05:26 AM.
    2010-07-10 05:20 AM
    It is so funny, everyone here tries to get out of Recovery or DFU mode and here you are trying to get into DFU or RECOVERY mode...LOL
    Yeah no kidding, it makes me laugh but frustrated at the same time.
    I know I'm not doing something wrong because I can get the other phone in to DFU or recovery everytime. I just did exactly like you suggested (and has worked on other phones) and it just boots up like normal.

I'm going to let her back everything up and then I'm going to restore and see what happens, maybe try os 4.

Thanks again.
    2010-07-10 04:56 PM
    Ok, this ironic but I'm not laughing. I finally jailbroke it, I did a restore and then jailbreak. It worked fine. Now it's stuck in RESTORE and I can't get out. I think you cursed me hahhaa. Damnit. I've tried a hard reset but I can't get out. I'm on 3.1.3 3g are there any programs that would do it that work now?

Thanks in advance.

Jailbroke it again with redsn0w and it's fine now =) yay
    Last edited by Stonetz; 2010-07-14 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-14 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD