Agreed, again I apologize, but as one who has purchased apps thru cydia, and even donated to the Dev Team as a thanks to support the efforts and time they put in, I am running very thin on patience.
    How about because the jailbreak isn't ready yet. Yes the exploit has been found, but that's a far cry from a fully functioning jailbreak. They have to figure out how to use that exploit to deliver the payload(jailbreak+cydia). They have to make sure it doesn't lock up the device in the process. They have to make it work with ALL devices. They have to create a GUI(the software that makes it go). They have to make the GUI work on windows and osx. They have to make sure it won't crash your computer. There's still a lot of steps that aren't listed here, but hopefully your starting to get the point. Oh and let's not forget fitting in work and school while writing the jailbreak they provide to you for free.
    2010-09-25 05:18 AM
    You could just not update your firmware until it's jalbreakable. It's a lot easier that way.
    2010-09-25 05:20 AM
    Do you know how long some people waited for a jailbreak at 3.1.3? Almost 4 months. A few more weeks won't kill anyone.
    2010-09-25 05:33 AM
    Agreed, again I apologize, but as one who has purchased apps thru cydia, and even donated to the Dev Team as a thanks to support the efforts and time they put in, I am running very thin on patience.
    Please, my friend, DO be patient. There are alot of people who would love to flame you right now, in public.
    FACTS

1. just because you purchased apps AND donated to the DEV's does not make you any better or more privilaged than anyone else. Having donated puts you leagues above the casual user who comes and whines on this site though

2. be very honest and candid with me please. What are you going to do if the JB is NOT ready for three to four weeks? Are you good enough to write your own? I am not.

3. There are about 150,000 people in the world who feel your pain, and if you HAVE to have a JB iphone, please PM me and we can see about getting you a JB, unlocked iphone 3G or 3GS. If you want a JB 4, try BUY/SELL/TRADE and see if anyone will have mercy on you, or has a deal already. Other option, fly to Canada, Great Briton, or Italy where they sell unlocked iphones, and give it a whirl.

4. Having money does not entitle you to special treatment. That is one of the rules that rich people sometimes forget. The dev team does not care if you OWN Apple, Microsoft, 3M, or nothing. They are color blind, and Equal Oppertunity. Try donating $500.00 and asking if you can be a beta tester for the next JB.

Summary:
    If you are not good enough to write your own jailbreak, please be patient.

There are also internet sites that promise to unlock your iphone. Beta test a couple and let us know how they work.

I generally do not preach, and now will get off my little soap box, tie it back to my bicycle, and ride away.
    unklbyl
    2010-09-25 10:14 AM
    Yet another bunch of high and mighty comments from folks who have a currently have a jailbroken device.
    Last edited by SOSDD; 2010-09-25 at 04:01 PM.
    2010-09-25 03:58 PM
    SOSDD just relax man. I have a i4 on 4.1, now I bought this knowing that it is locked to my carrier but cannot be jailbroken yet, and thats fine! I will wait until they release the tools and that's the end of it. I miss my jailbroken tools and apps as much as the next guy but I dont get why people are still ******** about this, complaining will get you nowhere and we've all been told it'll be out when it's out so just relax and wait sheesh!
    2010-09-25 10:51 PM
    Someone should ban this guy for being ungrateful and complaining.
    2010-09-26 01:43 AM
    Yet another bunch of high and mighty comments from folks who have a currently have a jailbroken device.
    Another guy that doesn't get it and feels entitled... Take a number pal and get in line... I have come to terms with having to wait, I think you can too...

JBA Meetings meet Wed at 7- I suggest you attend... Help us help you!
    2010-09-26 07:02 AM
    Thanks for covering my back guys!

SOSDD i am waiting for a PM from you. I offered to help and get that as a response?
    I expected a little more. Sad
    2010-09-26 11:38 AM
    2010-09-26 08:06 PM
    Yay ^
    2010-09-26 08:48 PM
    so... ARE we there yet ?
    2010-09-26 10:43 PM
    I predict next Sunday!!
    2010-09-26 10:58 PM
    hope they release it tomorrow haha
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!
    2010-09-26 11:17 PM
    Weeeeeeeeee!
    2010-09-27 01:09 AM
    I wouldn't believe that link.
    2010-09-27 02:19 AM
    What is the best way to follow this stuff? This site over the time I have been here has never really come out with a clean way to really track it. They should have a LOCKED FORUM that you can read a topic on info for each firmware and what you use to jb and unlock it. That would be great. I could come here to that forum click that firmware link topic and see if it is jb yet or not. Instead ppl have to sticky topics like this bcuz they are sick of all the post from people asking. Well I am sure as sh!t those people are sick of having to ask too because there is not place to check on this stuff. I come here because I don't trust a lot of the bs out there on other sites.
    2010-09-28 03:09 AM
    Are we there yet mommy? Cause I gotta pee
    2010-09-28 03:23 AM
    What is the best way to follow this stuff? This site over the time I have been here has never really come out with a clean way to really track it. They should have a LOCKED FORUM that you can read a topic on info for each firmware and what you use to jb and unlock it. That would be great. I could come here to that forum click that firmware link topic and see if it is jb yet or not. Instead ppl have to sticky topics like this bcuz they are sick of all the post from people asking. Well I am sure as sh!t those people are sick of having to ask too because there is not place to check on this stuff. I come here because I don't trust a lot of the bs out there on other sites.
    When it drops it will be on front page AKA iPhone News

It will surely be in the top of the list on that second place because it will be the busiest thread.

Or by following the people that Chronic-Dev listed on their blog for twitter.

http://chronic-dev.org/blog/
    Twitter accounts for Chronic they said to follow.
    - chronic
    - chronicdevteam
    - pod2g
    - posixninja
    - MuscleNerd
    - OPK
    - saurik
    - semaphore
    - AriX

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Be sure to add the Dev-Team's too and you will know right when it drops. ModMyi's twitter will have it also.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-09-28 at 06:27 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-09-28 06:23 AM
    tonight? xD
    2010-09-30 09:27 AM
985 ... 364445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD