I have an iPhone 3GS that came with stock 3.1.3 and old bootrom and I am wondering if it is possible to jailbreak and unlock this phone.

I have not saved my SHSH on cydia at 3.1.3 and I believe now it is not possible. I've spent many hours trying to find out how to jailbreak and keep getting stuck. Is there anyway for me to jailbreak this iphone at this moment? I believe I would require a downgrade as I only know a way to jailbreak it at 3.1.2, but I don't believe I can downgrade since I didn't save my 3.1.2 SHSH (never had the phone at that point anyway).

Could anyone clarify if there is anyway for me to jailbreak and unlock my iphone, and if there is what are the necessary steps? Thanks so much!
    2010-07-11 12:19 PM
    I believe the only 3.1.3 JB for 3GS is Spirit and that's real simple.

Spirit

But honestly I would just hold on. Spirit is currently not really compatible with any of the future upgrade stuff yet. And it seems like an iOS4 JB is right around the corner.

Now if you really wanted to JB now you could save your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella (JB not needed) then do the spirit JB.
    2010-07-11 12:39 PM
    Jailbreak with spirit then unlock with ultrasn0w from cydia.
    2010-07-11 03:32 PM
    Ok, seems like it's better to wait for an ios4 jailbreak since spirit seems to get you stuck from upgrading in the future and I can afford to wait.

When you referred to saving my SHSH blobs with tiny umbrella, how would i do that since apple doesn't seem to be signing 3.1.3 anymore.
    2010-07-11 11:59 PM
    You can only get 4.0 SHSH files now.
    2010-07-12 12:00 AM
    Ok, where can I find the latest updates for the ios4.0 jailbreak since I'll be waiting for it?
    2010-07-12 01:25 AM
    Use spirit to jailbreak, then open cydia and click on "Make my life easier" and your shsh blobs will be saved on sauriks server. Somewhere on this site there are directions to point your host file to saurik when restoring. If you're sure you have the old bootrom, you can use spirit2pwn from cydia. After that you can use an ipsw for 4.0 that was created with pwnage tool and you'll befully up to date and jailbroken.
    No signature spam
    2010-07-12 04:48 AM
    Ok, where can I find the latest updates for the ios4.0 jailbreak since I'll be waiting for it?
    You can find the latest news on the main page of this site.
    2010-07-12 04:54 AM
    I found this:

Jailbreak iOS 4 with Sn0wbreeze [Custom Firmware Windows] | Redmond Pie

but it says I have to have already jailbroken without sprint. So am I waiting for an ios4.0 3gs jailbreak that does need to have an already jailbroken 3gs?
    2010-07-25 12:14 AM
    Hmm, another question/idea. Could I spirit jailbreak on my stock 3.1.3 firmware and then jailbreak with snowbreeze 1.7 to get to 4.0 since I believe snowbreeze needs an already jailbroken iphone? This is all really confusing to me but from what I gathered it seems like this would work right?
    2010-07-29 03:44 AM
    The big question is are you old bootrom, and since you say you are, You can go from spirit to 4.0 using snowbreeze but first you need to run spirit2pwn through cydia. It's an unofficial (maybe because it contains copyright material) but it works.

Once you've ran it you can go to 4.0 as per the above guide.

Here's a guide for spirit2pwn
    Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 which is Jailbroken Using Spirit with Spirit2Pwn | Redmond Pie

I did this for a friend this week and can confirm it works. Just be double sure you have old bootrom.

BTW with respect to SHSH files. You can store 4.0.1 while you are on 3.1.3 so even if you don't upgrade you should still start storing SHSH files.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-29 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-29 05:37 AM
    hi ppl just wondering if anyone could clarify my situation, i have a 3gs mc/model/old bootrom/05.12.01 baseband that was recently on 3.1.2fw on a blackrain jailbreak. Youve all probably heard of the network reset boot loop issue which i had to fix with a system restore via IREB, i proceeded to restore everthing on my iphone on itunes and it updated my firmware to 3.1.3? now i remebered on the main cydia screen that at 1 point it said i had shshs on file for 3.1.2 then it changed after some time saying i had 3.1.3 on file(i hadnt saved my blobs and assumed it saved them for me automatically) ? now recently i used tinyumbrella to see if i could save any shsh(thinking it were a waste of time) to which tiny umbrella said it saved 3.1.3 - 4.0 - 4.1 - 4.2b3? i know ive never been on any of the fw apart from the 3.1.3 that itunes updated me to?????? basically in short i want to jailbreak my 3gs again, could anybody please point me in the right direction < > thanks in advance....
    2010-11-13 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD