I have a 3gs running ios4 and multitasking was working. if i double pressed the home button, the multitasking bar would show. now, for some reason, when i double press the home button it goes to my favorites. i have no idea what happened. my N82AP.plist file has multitasking as "true". can't figure this one out. any ideas?

thanks!
    2010-07-12 04:23 PM
    On a 3GS it's the N88AP.plist that you have to check. Make sure the multitasking is set to true, then respiring.
    2010-07-12 04:57 PM
    thank you!! one more question. i use categoriesSB so i can have more than 12 apps in one folder, but the only icons in the multitasking bar are the apps in my dock and the app that is NOT in one of the categories folders. i can open an app from my "apps" folder and it's not listed in the multitasking bar. only the apps in my dock and the calendar (which is the only thing that's not in a categoriesSB folder).

thanks again for the help!
    2010-07-12 07:02 PM
    Can you please help me i have an ipod touch running in ios4 firmware and is jailbroken and when i double tap the home button it opens up the multitasking dock thing but nothing is inside my multitasking only works when im in safety mode please help!!!
    2010-07-17 07:23 PM
    Can you please help me i have an ipod touch running in ios4 firmware and is jailbroken and when i double tap the home button it opens up the multitasking dock thing but nothing is inside my multitasking only works when im in safety mode please help!!!
    It's wise to make your own topic instead of acting in someone elses.

Try a hard reset then re-spring see if that helps.
    2010-07-17 07:36 PM
    thank you!! one more question. i use categoriesSB so i can have more than 12 apps in one folder, but the only icons in the multitasking bar are the apps in my dock and the app that is NOT in one of the categories folders. i can open an app from my "apps" folder and it's not listed in the multitasking bar. only the apps in my dock and the calendar (which is the only thing that's not in a categoriesSB folder).

thanks again for the help!
    Yeah, I've also noticed that apps stored in categories don't show up in the multitasking bar. I think it has something to do with the fact that when you open a categories folder it's like your opening an app. Then when you open an app from in there your launching an app from within an app, so the os doesn't really recognize it as having been launched.
    2010-07-17 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD