Anyone else got screwed by this website?! Understand now that I'm not necessarily a noob, but I am to this forum as far as being a member. I've always came to MMi for information, downloading options, opinions of the well respected guys on here and the latest news on the iphone that I had at that present time. So with all that said, realizing that no one else had an unlock/jailbreak for the new iPhone 4 with 4.0 iOS I got a little desperate and very impatient. Needless to say that desperation and impatience has costed me a little bit. I obviously didn't read enough on MMi or I would've realized that if you guys didn't know of a way to unlock it or jailbreak it, then there wasn't a way no matter what they claim on their site. If you would, just go to the link and check out all the false advertising that they are doing. So yes, to the desperate and impatient it all sounds pretty good. OBTW, you wouldn't know the biggest false advertisement unless you yourself have failed like myself..."MONEY BACK GUARANTEE"! And something else you can't see unless you have paid and have the member sign in is that they claim that the unlock/jailbreak for the iphone 4 on 4.0 will be "coming tomorrow"!! I screwed up with the purchase 4 or 5 days ago now, and "tomorrow" still hasn't came! LOL!! Looking a little further into the site and looking at the "compatibility" download that ultrasnow offers and that they give you AFTER you've purchased the software, I realized that I could get this download and probably all the others that I now have access to(after paying $29.95) a lot of places on the net. It's a kick in the ball sac to pay for something that's not even out yet, not getting my money back, and paying for something that I could get pretty much anywhere if it were available. But I'm willing to take the ridicule and "you stupid *****" statements as long as someone with my same impatience could possibly read this and NOT do what I did. It's NOT what they claim! They haven't got ANYTHING that isn't available here on MMi through a link of some kind!! Link removed is a scam for the somewhat ignorant putts such as myself!! ...LESSON LEARNED
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-07-24 at 10:35 PM.
    2010-07-12 06:55 PM
    Sad, you know that if there's a jailbreak available, it will be on our site and it will be free. Sorry to hear they took you money.
    I have heard this same story over and over, scam artist best describes them.
    2010-07-12 07:17 PM
    I would ask them for a refund if I were you. And if they give you sh!t, you can dispute the charges if you used a credit card.
    2010-07-12 07:28 PM
    With forums and blogs like ModMyi, it's amazing that people still fall for this crap. Sorry to hear you got burned bro. Fight for your refund and warn people about the F'ed up scams. Jailbreak on Unlock will ALWAYS be free.
    2010-07-12 07:58 PM
    I appreciate the encouraging words. I've already sent them 4 emails in the past 3 days, and no response whatsoever! Of course there's no phone number and the only "contact us" link is email. The more I think about it and go to the site, the more stupid I feel! Not sure exactly what else to do as far as trying to get my money back. Oh well, I just wanted to let others know that there is a pretty convincing site out there that will definitely make it sound too good to be true! Thanks again guys!!
    2010-07-12 10:18 PM
    File a claim with your bank. Your bank will find them and make them either 1. Talk to you about getting a refund or 2. Get a refund for you from the bank itself.
    2010-07-12 11:10 PM
    Just a quick update on my recent post about the false advertising of a jailbreak for the iPhone 4. The company that identifies themselves as SWREG, have sent me an emailed response to my inquiry for a refund. In that email they say that they have made many attempts to contact the party that set up the website and is making people pay for nothing more than software (i.e. Ultrasnow) that is already free jailbreaks on all iphones when they exist. However, they have had no responses to their attempts. They go on to say that they are finally refunding my money in 5-7 business days! So, I guess I'll see how that goes. Again, thanks for the kind words and advice given. I did threaten the company (SWREG) with the fact that I was contacting my bank and filing a claim and complaint against them. It wasn't long after that they started responding to my emails. Once again, lesson learned and patience really is a virtue and it can definitely save you some money in the long run!!
    2010-07-24 08:55 PM
    I appreciate the encouraging words. I've already sent them 4 emails in the past 3 days, and no response whatsoever! Of course there's no phone number and the only "contact us" link is email. The more I think about it and go to the site, the more stupid I feel! Not sure exactly what else to do as far as trying to get my money back. Oh well, I just wanted to let others know that there is a pretty convincing site out there that will definitely make it sound too good to be true! Thanks again guys!!
    Here's a few steps you can take that might help you get your money back;
    Go online and to to the website for your Credit Card and log into your account and pull up your recent transaction history. Go to your transactions section for the account and find your most recent transactions. Next, find and click on the transaction (if you can click on it) and print up the transaction along with the transaction ID and routing code as well as print up your entire list of most recent transactions.The transaction in question should look similar to the following;

Trans Date: 07/11/2010
    Post Date: 07/12/2010
    Type: Sale
    Description: CreditReport
    Transaction Number: 12345678901234567890123
    Amount:$14.95

Once you have this do either one of the following;
    A) If you used your checking account, go to your nearest branch or the branch in which you mainly use and bring your print out, Drivers License, card used and account number and tell them your situation and that you were involved in an online fraud/scam.
    B) If you used a Credit Card that is not tied to or issued by your Bank, contact their customer service line and tell them you were involved in an online fraud/scam.

And from there, the banks should be able to do the detective work and trace the transaction to the account in which it was credited/deposited into.

Most banks and credit card issuers cover their clients from being involved in online fraudulent and scam activities/ programs due to the larger personal information threat that they may cause because if the personal information is stolen along with the account/card number the scammer could then clean house on the owner of the card which would then come back to the Bank/ Credit Card issuer so it is really in their best interest to resolve the issue not just for your financial well being but for theirs as well.

If you were using a Visa or Mastercard, those credit services offer 100% liability free coverage against fraudulent and most Scam actives and in which they provide you a 30-90 day window (duration depends on credit servicer and issuer and their terms of agreement) to file a claim.

I also highly suggest you pay for 3 month subscription to a credit monitoring service in which you can view all three of your credit reports and any activities/inquires on your credit so you can make sure no further damage results from this and if any damage does result due to this you can catch it and have it resolved before it's too late.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-07-24 at 10:08 PM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!
    2010-07-24 10:05 PM
    yep n you could try contacting go-daddy about em and talking to them about scammers using their service to open fraudulent sites...
    Domain Name: UNLOCK-THE-IPHONE.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy
    Name Server: NS1.UNLOCK-THE-IPHONE.COM
    Name Server: NS2.UNLOCK-THE-IPHONE.COM
    Updated Date: 11-dec-2009
    Creation Date: 11-jan-2008
    Expiration Date: 11-jan-2011
    2010-07-25 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD