dudee you just made my day with that "dont make me get a mod to close and delete this" post hahaha lmaoo

but really quit bickering and get back on topic now
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-07-15 08:22 PM
    dudee you just made my day with that "dont make me get a mod to close and delete this" post hahaha lmaoo

but really quit bickering and get back on topic now
    I've been on topic, he's been getting out and now this thread is completely off topic. Anyway, read my new thread about "Which jailbreak tool fits you?" and tell me how it currently is, thanks a bunch.
    2010-07-15 08:26 PM
    okie dokie
    2010-07-15 08:32 PM
    You do what you want, whenever you want. This is not your thread, it can easily be shut down by someone else. Don't boss people around, especially people who have more posts than you, and good quality posts. Your new, respect those above you.
    Halten:

do whatever you want...my request/recommendation has been made, and seen by the people who need to see it... you need to learn how to take constructive criticism...and wow...200 posts....you're a real champ...i hate the fact that i am stooping to your level...
    2010-07-15 08:35 PM
    nevermind looks like you added themm
    2010-07-15 08:37 PM
    You do what you want, whenever you want. This is not your thread, it can easily be shut down by someone else. Don't boss people around, especially people who have more posts than you, and good quality posts. Your new, respect those above you.

This gets my vote for best post of the week. You must be all of 15 years old..lol "Your new, respect those above you" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-07-15 08:47 PM
    This gets my vote for best post of the week. You must be all of 15 years old..lol "Your new, respect those above you" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    wow...you are good...check his profile, he is 15 (guys, I'm almost 16...i can get my driving permit soon) hahahahahahahaha

About Halten77
    Biography
    A 15 (16, September 30) year old kid who wants to help others in need when it comes to damaged iPhones, tech support, how-to info, and to help those new to the jailbreaking world. I have previously been working in the PSP Custom Firmware World and have helped a lot and left the people proud and thankful. I will do the same but for iDevices, Macs, Pc's and others. Please don't hesitate to contact me, I will respond right away! Thank you, and I hope you all have another great day here at ModMyi and hope to go far in the community. I will create themes when I get a PC... Thank you all.
    2010-07-15 09:15 PM
    It's funny how Cheeto cut out parts of it right? Cheeto what happened to the rest of it? High School honor student, A.P. Classes, have scholarships all around me, The military is offering an outstanding education and the government is giving me money for college. Lol what are you a high school drop-out? A failure? Bad grades? Bad job? Just here because you found an iPhone lying in the street? Lol please.
    2010-07-15 09:24 PM
    It's funny how Cheeto cut out parts of it right? Cheeto what happened to the rest of it? High School honor student, A.P. Classes, have scholarships all around me, The military is offering an outstanding education and the government is giving me money for college. Lol what are you a high school drop-out? A failure? Bad grades? Bad job? Just here because you found an iPhone lying in the street? Lol please.
    i copied and pasted your entire bio...no one cares about the rest...HAHAH i just noticed you added all that stuff to your bio... trying to make it seem like i took stuff out on purpose...you def act your age

I had all AP classes...that doesn't get you anywhere...

"military...outstanding education"...thats an oxymoron...I have friends that spent 5 years in the navy and they didn't get **** for an education...

I have 2 college degrees and make more in a week than you do in a year...keep talking that smack...notice how everyone commenting on this had laughed at your attempt to sound authoritative and cry to the mods...
    Last edited by cheeto81; 2010-07-15 at 09:33 PM.
    2010-07-15 09:31 PM
    It's been there... -__- lol and my friends are retired from the USAF and have a check of $90K a year. They're living it up. I guess it isn't the same in Mexico's navy huh... Haha. AP classes, I just saw that classes i need to take in college. English is out, English II is out, Calculus is out, Chemistry is out, biology is out, lol I only need to take like 4
    Classes in all my 4 years in college A.P. Classes do help, IF YOU PASS THEM! Hahaha!
    2010-07-15 09:37 PM
    It's been there... -__- lol and my friends are retired from the USAF and have a check of $90K a year. They're living it up. I guess it isn't the same in Mexico's navy huh... Haha. AP classes, I just saw that classes i need to take in college. English is out, English II is out, Calculus is out, Chemistry is out, biology is out, lol I only need to take like 4
    Classes in all my 4 years in college A.P. Classes do help, IF YOU PASS THEM! Hahaha!
    Lies...I have a screen shot of your profile because the page was still open from when i copied your bio....

a 15 year old with friends who have retired from air force? maybe retired from call of duty for PS3.

And your college education will be 9 classes total (5 AP plus "like 4")...you must be getting half an associates degree from a cracker jack box..i agree they help if you pass them, which means they won't help you
    2010-07-15 09:50 PM
    god can ya'll get a life? you're spamming my mail now
    2010-07-15 10:01 PM
    Oh.... My... God! Stop it. The bottom line is that no matter how good the table is.. how much detail it has... how much it's updated... it WILL NOT prevent noobs from starting new threads about the same topics that are answered over and over again. The one place that's updated is the "Guides" section at the top of the web page.
    2010-07-15 10:05 PM
    Oh.... My... God! Stop it. The bottom line is that no matter how good the table is.. how much detail it has... how much it's updated... it WILL NOT prevent noobs from starting new threads about the same topics that are answered over and over again. The one place that's updated is the "Guides" section at the top of the web page.
    the reason for my initial thread was that the guides sections doesn't not contain this info either...if a comprehensive guide to jailbreaking exits, please tell me how to get there, because its not easy to find in the guides. There is no guide that says which tool to use, pros and cons of each, or which firmware is best.

I apologize for my incited childishness, and understand if i get banned...i should not have stooped to a 15 year old's lever
    2010-07-15 10:10 PM
    There are multiple means to the same end. The jailbreak game changes every time a firmware is released and the entire guide would become obsolete. At this particular moment in time the only phone that warrants any explanation is the iPhone 3GS on the new bootrom. Every other phone on every firmware is unlockable and jailbreakable via several methods. Also opinions differ on what method is best so even if you write a pro/con guide this is subjective to you. It's a lost cause as in a couple weeks (or less)... Spirit will be released which will jailbreak ALL devices on the newest firmware and no one will need your guide anymore. Give it up.
    2010-07-15 10:21 PM
    There are multiple means to the same end. The jailbreak game changes every time a firmware is released and the entire guide would become obsolete. At this particular moment in time the only phone that warrants any explanation is the iPhone 3GS on the new bootrom. Every other phone on every firmware is unlockable and jailbreakable via several methods. Also opinions differ on what method is best so even if you write a pro/con guide this is subjective to you. It's a lost cause as in a couple weeks (or less)... Spirit will be released which will jailbreak ALL devices on the newest firmware and no one will need your guide anymore. Give it up.
    give what up? The thread that Halten posted, trying to explain all the jailbreak tools has already received praise, so you as a mod are obviously disconneted from the needs of typical users, and noobs like myself...If you read my initial post, you'd see that i know this guide would have to be consistantly updated.... cause guess what, 4.0 won't be the last firmware update, and users (mostly noobs like me) will still be curious about which firmware, and which tool to use. go ahead and believe noobs will post regardless, but if you had a good comprehensive guide that gets updated, and is easy to find, it will reduce the duplicate posts

as the jailbreak game changes update the guide...duh....but have 1 guide, not 10 that become obsolete...take the time to update it...in a couple weeks when jailbreak can do 4.0, everyone will have questions, and there will be a ton of posts...

And to say that the 3gs with the new bootrom is the only one to warrant explanation is wrong, based on how many users are still posting questions with issues for other phone versions.

If the guides and site was better organized to steer newbs in the right direction, you wouldn't have so many posts....but moderators being out of touch with the needs of noobs seems to be the norm...the sad part is my ranting with the 15 year old will discredit my opinion...But i disagree with your post, and it appears others do as well
    2010-07-15 10:43 PM
    You see that mod?
    2010-07-15 10:53 PM
    The guides are arranged quite nicely in the GUIDES section. Problem is people don't take the time to search for anything. Even if you had the most comprehensive guide in the world only about 20% of users maybe would try to use it. Anybody else is just going to post a new thread asking "can I jailbreak? Can I unlock? baseband this? firmware that?" You can only help people so much if they don't want to help themselves.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-15 11:14 PM
    The guides are arranged quite nicely in the GUIDES section. Problem is people don't take the time to search for anything. Even if you had the most comprehensive guide in the world only about 20% of users maybe would try to use it. Anybody else is just going to post a new thread asking "can I jailbreak? Can I unlock? baseband this? firmware that?" You can only help people so much if they don't want to help themselves.
    The guides that exist are reasonably arranged...but not all the necessary guides exist...I looked through the guides...i wanted to help myself...but they don't answer:

which tool should I use?

what benefits does one tool offer over the other? (yes there are varying opionions on which is best, but there must be some level of agreement, which i only found out after reading many threads in the forum)

What are the benefits of each firmware?

which firmwares are supported by which tools?

has anyone even looked at this? iphone jailbreak table | iPhone News, Help and Guides its obvious not every tool works for every device at every firmware

the right help needs to be in the right place for people to help themselves
    2010-07-15 11:27 PM
    Things change pretty quick with firmware updates, new tools, patches, tool updates etc. So its hard to keep up with everything and compile it all in one place in an understandable way. It is a good idea in theory but like I said unless someone wants to take the time (which you do, but are one of many) the guide will go unused. Its not as simple either (especially for 3gs) as use this tool, for this firmware. Theres too many restrictions and its only gonna get tougher as apple makes jb/unlocking more difficult.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-16 12:39 AM
46 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD