Sometimes there are tools for the same firmware. Some people prefer one to the other. Sometimes there are not really different tools per say as the tools are different for each OS; Windows and OSX.

And as Poseidon said no matter how many stickies we put up or items we post in the news section people still ignore them. I bet a ton of people updated to 4.0.1 even though we have it in big letters not to update on the news article. We have even put in the top small banner not to update before but people ignore it anyway.

And as a community we are still here for those members that need the help because they missed it. The mods help with what we can along with the several fine members of the community. Tiger92, Yeow202, confucious, and many, many others help without a fight because we understand that sometimes people ignore the warnings/stickies anyway.

So new members should check out our guides section and if there is more than one tool to jailbreak please feel free to ask. And if you have problems along the guide then again feel free to ask. That is the whole point of a forum in the first place.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-16 at 01:11 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-07-16 01:02 AM
    ^^^ well said
    2010-07-16 01:25 AM
    iphone jailbreak table | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    the previous page is exactly what modmyI needs...and it was more help looking at it for 30 seconds than the many hours i spent searching and browsing through modmyi...and if that table was on modmyi, it would not take much time to update as new firmware and tools comes out...

if the mods would rather waste their time working with noobs on an individual basis, and not update the guide, and not have a comprehensive guide that will problably stop half (not claiming all) the duplicate posts, thats fine with me...I searched and browsed both the guides and forums and still had questions, so obviously the organization of the guides and forums is not as the mods think it is...

If the mods are going to turn a blind eye to the recomendation of a noob (me) that tried to do this on their own, than there isn't much i can do to try to help...this is my last post on this thread, as i feel like a broken record...sorry for trying to help...enjoy the unreduced number of duplicate posts...
    2010-07-16 01:36 AM
    iphone jailbreak table | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    the previous page is exactly what modmyI needs...and it was more help looking at it for 30 seconds than the many hours i spent searching and browsing through modmyi...and if that table was on modmyi, it would not take much time to update as new firmware and tools comes out...

if the mods would rather waste their time working with noobs on an individual basis, and not update the guide, and not have a comprehensive guide that will problably stop half (not claiming all) the duplicate posts, thats fine with me...I searched and browsed both the guides and forums and still had questions, so obviously the organization of the guides and forums is not as the mods think it is...

If the mods are going to turn a blind eye to the recomendation of a noob (me) that tried to do this on their own, than there isn't much i can do to try to help...this is my last post on this thread, as i feel like a broken record...sorry for trying to help...enjoy the unreduced number of duplicate posts...
    I just looked at that table for the first time and it is actually extrememly helpful looking. Especially with the hyperlinked jailbreaks. You are right it wouldn't be hard to keep it updated. I think the problem is that stickies just get looked over so casually not too many people would see it.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-16 01:44 AM
    god cheeto81 after cerote AND poseidon were both nice enough to explain that people don't look at that normally, that most people just post threads and ask about their individual problemm you just post that^ you are impossible to reason, logic, and experience and I think we should all just stop trying to explain this to you. If that link helps you then use that and stop complaining.

yes, that table is helpful, but the problem remains that people don't usually look at that
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-07-16 01:44 AM
    I just looked at that table for the first time and it is actually extrememly helpful looking. Especially with the hyperlinked jailbreaks. You are right it wouldn't be hard to keep it updated. I think the problem is that stickies just get looked over so casually not too many people would see it.
    god cheeto81 after cerote AND poseidon were both nice enough to explain that people don't look at that normally, that most people just post threads and ask about their individual problemm you just post that^ you are impossible to reason, logic, and experience and I think we should all just stop trying to explain this to you. If that link helps you then use that and stop complaining.

yes, that table is helpful, but the problem remains that people don't usually look at that

Thank you for someone finally looking...i realize some people will overlook stickies and guides, but not everyone will...

the problem is that there has never been a sticky or guide like this table... there is no one stop shop for "what firmware and what tool can/should i use"... the reason i have had to argue and appear impossible to reason with is the stupid bickering between me and Halten...it prevented people like yourself from seeing the usefulness of my post...

How hard would it be to request from Bigboss to link or copy his table, and put it as a sticky or guide? what bad could come from that? Once people commenting on this thread look at it, they admit its usefulness, especially since bigboss spends the time to update it...can't you see why I am adamant about trying to convince the mods to duplicate it? I don't want other noobs to go through the same frustration as I did...some of us realize the info is in the guides and forums somewhere, and don't want to be accused by people of being lazy, or stupid for not finding it (I see it all the time)... so we search trying to answer all our questions before we dive in...but its time consuming
    2010-07-16 02:22 AM
46 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD