1. Scouse84's Avatar
    Ok I don't wanna seem like a right tool asking this but.....I just got a iPhone 3GS and like a nob I updated straight away to the new firmware It has never been jailbroken I'm just wondering if it is possible to jailbreak when one is released? And how long will it be?
    2010-07-16 06:18 PM
  2. Will01's Avatar
    It is not currently possible to JB this device with current software available to the public. There is a JB for the device expected to be released in near future. Give it a few weeks and see.
    2010-07-16 06:20 PM
  3. Scouse84's Avatar
    Thanks for the fast reply mate just so I know it is possible to jb in the very near future? I'm not just pissing in the wind?
    2010-07-16 06:22 PM
  4. Will01's Avatar
    Well the dev-team have JB their iPhone 4's on fresh iOS4 and stated they would release once iOS4.0.1 was released. That JB (an updated spirit) will JB your device also. There is no guarantee's in life but i'd say a week or 2.
    2010-07-16 06:43 PM
  5. Scouse84's Avatar
    Nice one it's all I wanted to hear much respect to the dev team
    2010-07-16 07:08 PM
  6. klonaton's Avatar
    Wasn't the dev team just waiting until the next firmware update from 4.0? We're now onto 4.0.1.

    I really hope they don't continue delaying release simply out of fear of Apple's impending fix.
    2010-07-16 08:54 PM
  7. j3st3r's Avatar
    from twitter on 7/16/10

    @p0sixninja: to everyone asking about jailbreak, afaik @comex has been on vacation without computer, so don't expect anything this week, or next week
    2010-07-17 09:54 AM
  8. Scouse84's Avatar
    I'm not bothered as long as it will be released eventually
    2010-07-17 11:32 AM
  9. j3st3r's Avatar
    knowing the dev team's history if I had to guess they are waiting for the release in the 17 countries on the 30th so that we get the maximum benefit from the release before apple releases an update, again that's just my opinion, not anything I have read or heard
    2010-07-17 07:14 PM
  10. LOGiCALX's Avatar
    I got a message on itunes, is ios4.0.1 actually out or isit still in beta, i assumed it out because its appearing on itunes, but waiting on Sn0wbreeze to update their beta 1 1.8 to accept the offical 4.0.1.
    2010-07-17 07:40 PM
  11. Scouse84's Avatar
    Should I backup my shsh blobs?
    2010-07-18 11:48 AM
  12. j3st3r's Avatar
    Should I backup my shsh blobs?
    always with every firmware release
    2010-07-19 05:18 AM
  13. Scouse84's Avatar
    How what do I use?
    2010-07-19 08:53 AM
  14. Will01's Avatar
    Use Firmware Umbrella to save your SHSH. Also, Snowbreeze 1.8 is for the 4.1 Beta, not 4.0.1.
    2010-07-19 11:44 AM
  15. Scouse84's Avatar
    Thanks dude so I do that then what wait for the jb?
    2010-07-19 12:54 PM
  16. Will01's Avatar
    Yep, the reason for saving it is it allows you to downgrade in the future. This then theoretically may allow you access to jailbreaks which need a downgrade. Say your mum,sis,dog or cat upgrades you to 4.0.2 or your phone crashs on 4.0.1 once 4.0.2 is released, there is no JB for 4.0.2 you'd be stuck waiting, with the ability to downgrade, no harm down, downgrade to 4.0.1 and JB to your heart's content
    2010-07-19 01:12 PM
  17. Scouse84's Avatar
    Coolio cheers mate u have been a big help
    2010-07-20 10:28 AM