User Tag List

I'm looking to buy an iPhone 3gs from a friend. It was never jailbroken or unlocked before here are the specs you need.;

First 5 digits of Serial# ~ 88932
    Firmware Version ~ 4.0.1. (8A306)
    Modem Firmware ~ 05.13.04

Is this possible to Jailbreak and Unlock?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    2010-07-17 11:21 PM
    Not yet buddy, hang tight though, should be with us hopefully in a month
    2010-07-17 11:29 PM
    in a month????
    2010-07-18 02:19 AM
    Well no one knows so just be patient!
    2010-07-18 03:41 AM
    I had the same issue what I did was dowgrade it to 3.1.3 and print jailbreak it with sprint tool.
    2010-07-18 06:33 AM
    I had the same issue what I did was dowgrade it to 3.1.3 and print jailbreak it with sprint tool.
    How do you downgrade to 3.1.3 from 4.0?
    2010-07-20 10:15 PM
    You have to have previously jailbroken and have your shsh blobs saved on Saurik's server through Cydia. Since its never been jailbroken before, you can't do so.
    2010-07-20 10:18 PM
    First make sure you download the right O.S wich is 3.1.3 google it and you gonna find a lot. then you are supposed to add a commend on apple itunes dirrectory file. and finaly when all this is done you gonna go to I-tune connect your divece to you computer click shift key and restore it is going to give you the option wich retore o.s you wanna ue. browse for the one you donloaded and click on it. Et voila let it do it's magic it will probably give you errors egnore them when it' done yor phone is downgraded to 3.1.3 .
    i can find the link on how to do it in detail if you are interested.
    2010-07-21 02:48 PM
    First make sure you download the right O.S wich is 3.1.3 google it and you gonna find a lot. then you are supposed to add a commend on apple itunes dirrectory file. and finaly when all this is done you gonna go to I-tune connect your divece to you computer click shift key and restore it is going to give you the option wich retore o.s you wanna ue. browse for the one you donloaded and click on it. Et voila let it do it's magic it will probably give you errors egnore them when it' done yor phone is downgraded to 3.1.3 .
    i can find the link on how to do it in detail if you are interested.
    Im sorry it really annoys me when people really ain't done there homework and giving duff advice with out explaining that there are things to consider things to watch out for. Yet you fail to see that the original poster said he had never jailbreak before and that he's on the latest firmware 4.0.1.

Also didn't explain that SHSH files are needed in order to downgrade as apple are not signing 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 and 4.0.0.

Lastly your post makes no friggin sense.

P.s. Please look over your post before posting to check spelling, we all make mistakes i for one do but please check over it to make sure it makes sense.
    2010-07-21 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD