iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) jailbroken with Pwnage tool for iOS4. Just today, my phone has started to just randomly reboot, showing the Pineapple boot screen. When the phone reboots it defaults most of my settings (battery percentage, brightness, ringtone, etc.)

There is nothing really I can do to replicate the problem and I'm wondering whether it is a Winterboard crash or SBSettings crash, but I have had the phone jailbroken with iOS4 since the new Pwnage tool was released with no problems. What should I do?
    2010-07-20 08:44 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but if you remove the sbsettings and winterboard package, does the error still occur? I'm sure you have tried that, and don't mean to insult intelligence.

The only other thing I can think of would be to downgrade to 3.1.2 again if you have the shsh blobs and redo the jailbreak. They released a new version of the pwnage tool that may help resolve some of your issues.
    2010-07-20 09:27 PM
    iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) jailbroken with Pwnage tool for iOS4. Just today, my phone has started to just randomly reboot, showing the Pineapple boot screen. When the phone reboots it defaults most of my settings (battery percentage, brightness, ringtone, etc.)

There is nothing really I can do to replicate the problem and I'm wondering whether it is a Winterboard crash or SBSettings crash, but I have had the phone jailbroken with iOS4 since the new Pwnage tool was released with no problems. What should I do?
    It is not the Winterboard or Sbsettings that is causing the problem. I had some issue with the Pwnage tool 4.0.1, you can restore to Custom Firmware made by SnowBreeze version 1.6.2 or 1.7 again and you will be fine. Make sure you put your Iphone into Recovery mode before you start restoring to CFW.
    For Old bootrom, always restore to CFW when you need to restore again, that is the benefits of having the old bootrom and you don't have to bother about shsh blogs. You only need the shsh blogs if you are restoring to Stock Firmware.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-20 at 10:28 PM.
    2010-07-20 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD