im quite bored at work and ive just been messing with my iphone4 (I LOVE IT....when theres a case on it...) and was wondering if theses hacks may be available once the devs release a JB..

-Backrounding of Youtube (I rarely use youtube for videos due to ATT outstanding compression policy..i just need to find a way to run youtube in backround. If you double tap the home button for the overlay, it stops the music .

-SMS hidden contact header. (with the advantage of a high res screen on the i4, my freinds and family also can see who im texting easier and what it says. Is there any way to hide the name of the person you are texting, while you are texting them? This way when people look at your phone, they only can see the sms text, not the person you are talking to..

From this,

to this...

Thanks!
    Last edited by eastonl33t; 2010-07-22 at 06:19 PM.
    2010-07-22 06:15 PM
    For YouTube - I'm sure it's possible, I jsut don't know if it's been done yet. If it's music you're trying to listen to have you tried pandora or last.fm apps in the app store? Very good!

No idea about texting, why do you want to hide who you're texting? lol - just curious! I see you must be a private person so no worries on answering that!
    2010-07-22 06:21 PM
    HAHAHAH lets just say i have some friends who love to see who im texting....and alot of the people im texting are ladies that used to belong to them ;P. But i think alot of people would use this if it was available...because privacy is a big thing these days . and as in for the youtube backrounding, i have used pandora and slacker radio and i do like them, but there are some things i can only find on youtube i hate having to wait for the song to be done until i can exit the youtube app. I also gave in to 10/month for rhapsody but that is completly worth it....all the music i want all the time baby!!!
    2010-07-22 06:25 PM
    Once they release the jailbreak you will definitely be able to run YouTube in the background using an app called "Backgrounder". It works awesome and is true multitasking. Are you trying to watch YouTube videos over 3G? That's why the quality sucks but once you jailbreak you can get an app called 3G Unrestrictor that tricks your iPhone into thinking it's on wifi while your really on 3G. Makes the YouTube videos look much much better! I have not seen an app that will change the name of who your texting.
    2010-07-22 06:50 PM
    IM pretty sure ive tried backrounder to run youtube in the backround but it still stops the music from playing...and i do not want to use backrounder considering i have an iphone 4 with native multitasking...and as in for the sms hide. there isnt a way just to edit some of apples framework in the firmware?
    2010-07-22 07:05 PM
    I dont know if backgrounder still play's youtube music while backgrounded, also, I don't believe Backgrounder will work on i4, it's not updated for iOS4 and comex has publicly said he will not being doing so, so unless someone takes over....
    2010-07-22 07:06 PM
    Why not pandora for music instead if YouTube
    2010-07-22 07:21 PM
    He stated that sometimes he can't find the stuff he wants that way and uses youtube sometimes
    2010-07-22 07:31 PM
    You can actually listen to the music off of youtube while doing other things. If you use the web app (it's better anyhow) you can play the video, press the home key to go to the home screen, then double press it to open iPod controls, and press play and It'll play, you know it works when the safari icon is by the controls instead of the iPod. Hopes this helps, I explained it the best i can. I'm on 3GS btw.
    2010-07-22 07:41 PM
    Backrounder has actually been updated to support 4.2.1 but it still doesn't work with YouTube the way we want to. I just tryed it.
    2010-12-13 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.