Hey folks. I hope this isn't a terrible repost, but I just wanna make sure I have the green light for my specific case before I go messing anything up.

I currently own a jailbroken (via pirplera1n) 3GS on iOS 3.0. My modem firmware is 04.26.08. So i think that's the old bootrom. Now I want to upgrade to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. So, I have a long lost of questions if you don't mind:

1) blackra1n, right?
    2) where do I download a fresh and untampered with ispw file?
    3) stupid question, but it's still unlockablw right?
    4) 3.1.2 vs. 3.1.3? Is one harder to jailbreak than the
    other or less stable once jailbroken?
    5) not worth my while to go
    to 4.0 yet, right? Especially if I need a jailbreak/unlock.
    2010-07-24 08:29 AM
    unless you have shsh's for 3.1.x you will have to use a custom firmware (preferably one created with pwnagetool) and shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac)in iTunes, you can actually go to 4.0 via this method if you choose, you will already be jailbroken on whichever one you decide via the custom firmware and if you need an unlock just download one that is "activated", if you don't need the unlock then download one that is "unactivated"
    2010-07-24 11:11 AM
    i had the same questions...lets says i download a new ispw 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 whichever then i use snowbreeze to make a custom firmware...then can i restore my 3.0 currently using itunes with the firmware that snowbreeze creates? btw my 3.0 is jailbroken and unlocked
    2010-07-24 08:38 PM
    "if you have the old bootrom then you can use custom firmwares. Download Sn0wbreeze 1.4 (I believe, double check that) and create a custom firmware with a stock 3.1.3 ipsw. Then repeat the process with TinyUmbrella and iTunes with the shift+restore."

does this apply to me since I have te old bootrom? Pwnage tool for 3.1.3 unlock right?
    2010-07-24 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD