User Tag List

Thanks to help I found on this board, I just recently restored my Iphone 3G 8gb after having some serious issues with a MiWi installation which basically bricked the phone.

First off, I'm doing this from my brother's laptop, so he has some stuff on from his Ipod. When Itunes asked me if I wanted to sync everything from Itunes to the newly restored phone, I said no to everything and let it go. Now when I look at my phone my contacts are completely empty! I assumed it would just read the contacts off the SIM and construct from there, but it's empty. What can I do? I really, really hope I haven't annihilated my contact list.
    2010-07-25 05:22 AM
    You would need to use the computer you usually sync to. Connect the iPhone, in iTunes go to the info tab for your phone, scroll down and check the box for contacts that says "replace information on this phone". This will get your contacts back if and only if you previously had iTunes set to sync contacts from your phone to your computer. If you didn't have iTunes set to sync contacts then I'm afraid they're gone.
    2010-07-25 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD