Hi there,
    I'm about to send my iPhone 3gs back to my service provider to repair/replace my iPhone due to dust under the screen. I'm currently using iOS4 with modemfirmware 04.26.08, jailbroken with PwnageTool. I have SHSHs (up to iOS4) on file in Cydia. I don't use any unlock tool.
    Probably silly question but do I have to unjailbreak my iPhone so I get iOS4 with the new firmware before I send it to the repair shop? Is it possible to unjailbreak it and keep my current firmware? Do I need my old firmware in the future? And if i update via itunes and get the latest update and firmware can I jailbreak it when I get it back?

Thanks in advance
    2010-07-26 08:07 AM
    Is it an official Apple shop? If it isn't, I don't see why they would care.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-07-26 08:32 AM
    It is an official Apple shop, so I do believe I have to update in iTunes before i send it back. But then my firmware will also be updated and I can't downgrade the firmware later on can I?
    2010-07-26 08:39 AM
    Hmm, tricky one mate, if they send you back to same phone (just fixed off course) then your fine when u get it back on stock iOS4.0.1 you can just downgrade with your SHSH.

My worry would be that they send you a new device with iOS4.0.1 and no SHSH saved, then you'd need wait it out for a JB for the new device.

Edit/ I almost forgot your original question, lol, either way, I would restore to stock 3.0, that way you can retain your low, easily unlockable baseband, and still have no trace of JB on the phone. Although if you upgrade to 4.0 and there baseband 5.13.xx you will still be able to unlock, if thats your intention as ultrasnow 0.93 works on all BB's from yours upwards.
    Last edited by Will01; 2010-07-26 at 03:40 PM.
    2010-07-26 03:35 PM
    I don't need the unlock since I'm on a official carrier. So I just update in iTunes to iOS4.0.1 and if I get the same one back I can JB back to iOS4 since I have SHSH saved in Cydia? Can I downgrade the firmware aswell then?
    And if I get a brand new iPhone I just have to wait for a new JB then, that's fine.
    2010-07-26 04:20 PM
    Everything you said above it correct
    2010-07-26 04:37 PM
    Thanks for all the help man! Appreciate a lot.
    2010-07-26 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD