I have spent countless hours following detailed jailbreak instructions for an iPhone 3Gs running iOS 4.

To everyone else - it is a waste of your time. There are NO jailbreak solutions for the iPhone 3Gs if you have upgraded to iOS4. None. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

The so-called "dev team" continues to claim success in jailbreaking iOS 4, but have only published these so-called "solutions" for the Mac. Since Windows controls 98% of the world's desktop PC market, I submit that developing solutions that ONLY run on a Mac is a scam.

You can all spend hours playing around with these bogus tools, only to find that you need to reload the OS onto your iPhone after it just starts throwing up "unknown errors" that forum members say "happen sometimes". They happen ALL the time, folks.

Much as it pains me to say it, you should all stop wasting your time on these so-called "solutions".
    2010-07-28 06:25 PM
    Wow....you sir are one ignorant ******. How about you show some respect towards the Dev-team and try doing some fact checking.
    2010-07-28 06:30 PM
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You should try and read through these forums before posting and sounding like an ignorant f***
    2010-07-28 06:37 PM
    The 3GS is very complicated. If you have an early production model with the old bootrom you can go from jailbroken 3.1.2 (or 3.1.3) to jailbroken 4.0. If you are already on firmware 4.0 then you're stuck unless you have your SHSH blobs backed up for a lower firmware. The jailbreak solution in this case has a windows counterpart called sn0wbreeze.... you may want to check into that.

If you have a later production model 3GS then there is no jailbreak solution at all for either windows OR Mac on iOS 4 due to the fact they patched the exploit being used to jailbreak. The upcoming jailbreak set to be released any day now will be on all platforms.
    2010-07-28 06:43 PM
    Time to rip through your retarded post:

I have spent countless hours following detailed jailbreak instructions for an iPhone 3Gs running iOS 4.
    I'm sure you have.

To everyone else - it is a waste of your time. There are NO jailbreak solutions for the iPhone 3Gs if you have upgraded to iOS4. None. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.
    They're called shsh files, learn about them.

The so-called "dev team" continues to claim success in jailbreaking iOS 4, but have only published these so-called "solutions" for the Mac. Since Windows controls 98% of the world's desktop PC market, I submit that developing solutions that ONLY run on a Mac is a scam.
    Wrong, Mac market share is at about 8% as of 2008, higher now, but certainly not 2%. And they DO develop for Windows, redsn0w works great. Also, sn0breeze works on Windows as well, though developed by someone else.

You can all spend hours playing around with these bogus tools, only to find that you need to reload the OS onto your iPhone after it just starts throwing up "unknown errors" that forum members say "happen sometimes". They happen ALL the time, folks.

They don't error out if you give actually do it right. Things that usually cause errors are wrong iTunes versions, not having shsh files, wrong firmware versions, etc.
    Much as it pains me to say it, you should all stop wasting your time on these so-called "solutions".

Much as it pains me to say it, you should stop wasting your time posting.
    Last edited by neodude237; 2010-07-28 at 06:45 PM.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-07-28 06:43 PM
    ***I will not promote***makes this idiot look like a total fool
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-07-28 at 09:20 PM.
    2010-07-28 06:44 PM
    i vote for funniest post of day
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-07-28 06:59 PM
    Sometimes certain errors are a good sign because then you can run various softwares thereafter to complete your jailbreak. Either you have a new bootrom or you don't have your shsh on file because I an go all the way back down to 3.0 from 4.0.
    2010-07-28 07:01 PM
    You mean you don't have your PC set up to dual boot Windows and OSX SL?
    2010-07-28 07:21 PM
    Great first post, how to alienate a forum on one easy post!!
    2010-07-28 07:25 PM
    You mean you don't have your PC set up to dual boot Windows and OSX SL?
    Since this thread is already an ultimate fail let's railroad it. What does it take for me to dual boot SL on my HP DV7? It has the i7 quad duo core, an nvidia gpu. Is there a lot of fuss making it work? I see SL is pretty cheap over at best buy.
    2010-07-28 07:43 PM

How about do it yourself then?! I am annoyed by people like you who keeps *****ing about the wait! Solutions on a Mac is not a scam! That's what PC fanboys say!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2010-07-28 07:47 PM
    Since this thread is already an ultimate fail let's railroad it. What does it take for me to dual boot SL on my HP DV7? It has the i7 quad duo core, an nvidia gpu. Is there a lot of fuss making it work? I see SL is pretty cheap over at best buy.
    It can be a little tricky depending on your system. There is a whole body of information available at InsanelyMac Forum

I would suggest putting in some time reading through the information. You might get lucky and find a tutorial specific to your computer.

Specifically, I would start with this thread: (HOW TO) Install Snow Leopard on i7 processor - Hackint0sh

Empire EFI available here: OSX86/Hackint0sh | Prasys' Blog

Good luck! I thought it was worth the time investment. Starting to learn Objective C on the Mac so I can make iphone/ipad apps

If you need any help, PM
    2010-07-28 07:59 PM
    The jailbreak solution in this case has a windows counterpart called sn0wbreeze.... you may want to check into that.
    Sn0wbreeze is nothing to do with the Dev Team! Apart from the fact it's a very nasty windows wrapper round xpwn (which was developed by the Dev Team) - I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone (not even the OP)

The reason pwnage is Mac only is because to work properly you need Mac libraries as the iPhone is an Apple device. A windows version can work in some circumstances but it's certainly not something I'd try.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-28 08:05 PM
    It can be a little tricky depending on your system. There is a whole body of information available at InsanelyMac Forum

I would suggest putting in some time reading through the information. You might get lucky and find a tutorial specific to your computer.

Specifically, I would start with this thread: (HOW TO) Install Snow Leopard on i7 processor - Hackint0sh

Empire EFI available here: OSX86/Hackint0sh | Prasys' Blog

Good luck! I thought it was worth the time investment. Starting to learn Objective C on the Mac so I can make iphone/ipad apps

If you need any help, PM
    Sweet! I am a couple of weeks away from being home, but will definitely try this. Thank you for the links.
    2010-07-28 08:10 PM
    2010-07-28 08:26 PM
    CaptainChaos,

A quick search turned up this:
    SUCCESS: HP Pavilion dv7
    2010-07-28 08:33 PM
    @Tubaman Why join a forum to talk out of your A hole?
    Get a grip man.
    Hit Thanks if i helped
    2010-07-28 08:33 PM
    Well, I couldn't have made a worst first post if I had tried. You joined the forum just so that you could make 1 post that pretty much states that all of the people here, the first and foremost in the jailbreaking community, are lying and/or being completely stupid. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about at all. No one appreciates comments from n00bs like you who just want to cause a ruckus. What did this post achieve, other than making everyone angry at you? Maybe you should make sure the facts you use are actually legit before you put yourself up against the community at ModMyI.
    2010-07-28 08:54 PM
    I'd ban the mofo!!
    2010-07-28 09:00 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD