I'm not really sure if this is the right place but here I go:

I have a iPod Touch 3g that is currently using the iOS4 firmware and I've been trying for countless days to jailbreak it. What I first tried to do was all the programs that were offered but I noticed a whole lot of them excluded Touch 3g so then I went for the Saurik Duplicate Server where I went into C>windows>system32>drivers>etc>hosts and opened it in notepad and added that specific address (74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com) to the bottom,

so after doing that I put the iPod in that mode (the name escapes me) where the screen goes completely black and iTunes tells me to restore.

I shift click it and have tried 3 different firmwares that i have downloaded that will not work (3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3). I get the error code 3194 and after looking that up, it was an error code that showed a problem with connecting to apples servers to "sign" the up(down)grade. So I rechecked that I put everything in right in that hosts file, and tried another address that was linked in the guide where I got the first address (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) still to no avail. I continue to get the error code 3194 over and over again.

so after all that, I cannot figure out what to do and was hoping some of you can help me.

Thanks in advance.
    2010-07-31 02:53 PM
    If you haven't got shsh blobs for the firmwares it won't downgrade, also you will have to wait for the new Dev Team/Comex jailbreak to jailbreak your iPod
    2010-07-31 02:59 PM
    If you haven't got shsh blobs for the firmwares it won't downgrade, also you will have to wait for the new Dev Team/Comex jailbreak to jailbreak your iPod
    First thanks for that really fast reply, i'm really impressed.

Do you have any general time frame for when that would be?
    I know you probably get asked this day in and day out but I haven't frequented many iPod forums
    2010-07-31 03:02 PM
    Nope, tho Comex as said he is waiting for Jay freeman (guy that made Cydia and alot of other cool things) to finish the last 10% then after he has tested it out he will release it
    2010-07-31 03:05 PM
    Nope, tho Comex as said he is waiting for Jay freeman (guy that made Cydia and alot of other cool things) to finish the last 10% then after he has tested it out he will release it
    Awesome.
    Is there a certain site I could visit maybe every couple days that would have this very easily noticed

Like front page announcement for a while, or someway I can be sure I'm aware/notified when it's released?

Or just keep checking random sites/google?
    2010-07-31 03:11 PM
    SpiritJB, this very site and twitter, just search for comex in google and it will come up with his twitter page
    2010-07-31 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD