User Tag List

I need a link to a downloadable redsnow and also the 3.1.2 file that goes with jailbreaking 2g phone with 3.1.3. I don't have winrar so can't use that so need a winzip version or whatever works other then winrar..
    2010-08-01 07:03 PM
    For all of your ziping and unziping needs use 7-Zip
    Firmwares are always found at felixbruns.de

Any other questions let me know, and check out my website in my signature
    2010-08-01 08:04 PM
    ALZIP in an awesome unzipped of all formats. They're giving away License keys but I think that's over, but the basic version isn't that bad. Just google alzip.
    2010-08-01 08:39 PM
    Why cant you just simply download winrar? Its free... Ive had it to unzip .zip and .rar files for years.
    2010-08-01 09:05 PM
    Why cant you just simply download winrar? Its free... Ive had it to unzip .zip and .rar files for years.
    mine says the trial period has expired and I must now purchase it for $29.. no more files that I would use it on makes that seem practical (especially to an old man on a fixed income, LOL).

I tried hitting "extract to" and that did open a file and the exe file was there, but when I run it it says that it did its thing but nothing happens. I tried to do the same thing to the 3.1.2 file but that didn't work so I just tried to point to it as is and that didn't work either.
    I just opened winrar again and sure enough, it says "winwar is not free and your 40 days are up, you must buy a licence.
    2010-08-01 11:31 PM
    Like I said 7-Zip is the best. Anyway, you're not saying your treating an ISPW like a ZIP are you? Some browsers like safari try to save firmwares as zip files, you have to rename it.
    2010-08-01 11:36 PM
    mine says the trial period has expired and I must now purchase it for $29.. no more files that I would use it on makes that seem practical (especially to an old man on a fixed income, LOL).

I tried hitting "extract to" and that did open a file and the exe file was there, but when I run it it says that it did its thing but nothing happens. I tried to do the same thing to the 3.1.2 file but that didn't work so I just tried to point to it as is and that didn't work either.
    I just opened winrar again and sure enough, it says "winwar is not free and your 40 days are up, you must buy a licence.
    Oh I know it's not free. It just continues to work and unzip my stuff anyway. I never bought it nor so I actually open the winrar. I just right-click my file and select "extract here".

But yeah you shouldn't be extracting the 3.1.2 fw. If it's in .zip format you have to change it to .ipsw.
    2010-08-02 01:49 AM
    First off, thanks for the 7zip info,, worked great. Now, what the H am I doing wrong. I went to the guides, found how to for the 2g, downloaded the two files they gave, opened redsnow and thats when it went to H... I found the 3.1.2 file, hit open and redsnow did its thing for a bit then when it came time to tell it my options it all changed.. there was the option to open cydia, but no option to unlock, so I checked cydia and let it run, it said it was done and the rest would be done on the phone..no no it won't...LOL.. my phone just sat there for over half an hour. so I turned it off, back on, it went to the home screen and NOTHING had changed on my phone?? the strange thing is that this is the instructions for 0,9,4 but about half way thru the instructions it starts saying of 9.2 ?? Anyhow, I have a great phone upgraded to 3.1.3 but NOT JAILBROKE NOR UNLOCKED.
    HELP
    2010-08-02 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD