hi all im veryu new to this forum and new to the jailbreak community. i was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions i have.

i recently used jailbreakme 2.0 for my iphone 3gs 4.1. and have had just a few minor issues that i would like to fix.

the first question i have is, if i accidently deleted a source how does that impact any of the packages i have from cydia? i only have just a few packages fontswap/blacklist/winterboard/ and a few tweaks.

if a source is deleted will that not allow the corresponding package/app to run appropriately?

can i delete all sources? if so what will that do.

next i got the tweak to run seconds on my lock screen clock and a new font for the numbers and now my ipod controls (left arrow right arrow with slider) sometimes pops up and randomly sits under the date. i since have removed the seconds tweak but it still pops up there.

the font im using for the clock is defused. i have now noticed that i need to hit my home buttom twice to pop up the lock screen. is that normal?

ok last question would it be a good thing to restore phone and then re-jailbreak?

im sorry for my noob status.

thanks in advance for any help.
    2010-08-04 04:02 AM
    hi all im veryu new to this forum and new to the jailbreak community. i was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions i have.

i recently used jailbreakme 2.0 for my iphone 3gs 4.1. and have had just a few minor issues that i would like to fix.

the first question i have is, if i accidently deleted a source how does that impact any of the packages i have from cydia? i only have just a few packages fontswap/blacklist/winterboard/ and a few tweaks.
    It doesn't impact the packages except for when upgrades are available.

if a source is deleted will that not allow the corresponding package/app to run appropriately?
    No.

can i delete all sources? if so what will that do.
    Cydia won't be able to find anything for you. You won't see anything in "Categories".

next i got the tweak to run seconds on my lock screen clock and a new font for the numbers and now my ipod controls (left arrow right arrow with slider) sometimes pops up and randomly sits under the date. i since have removed the seconds tweak but it still pops up there.

the font im using for the clock is defused. i have now noticed that i need to hit my home buttom twice to pop up the lock screen. is that normal?
    Don't have an answer for you.

ok last question would it be a good thing to restore phone and then re-jailbreak?
    Question is, why would you do that? Restore and reJB will make you start from scratch. Although I suppose that is better if you've downloaded and deleted a lot of apps on your phone. Think of this as being similar to doing a clean install of an OS.

im sorry for my noob status.

thanks in advance for any help.
    See the answers in red.
    2010-08-04 04:19 AM
    hey thanks douflag! i understand now more about what sources are, and i appreciate the insight.
    2010-08-04 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD