Hi guys, I've been away from the jailbreaking scene since I did a tethered jailbreak using spirit a few months back.

I've got a 3GS/3.1.3/05.12.01bb iPhone, is there a OS 4.0(.1) unlock jailbreak out for the 3GS now?

Where should I look and what should I do? Anything I should back up etc..? First time upgrading the OS u see..

PS: Bought it with 3.1.3, so I only have blobs on Cydia for the 3.1.3.

I'm real green when it comes to this so I appreciate your advice and help.
    2010-08-05 03:00 AM
    Jesus, spend 5 minutes on this website and you'll find every single answer to this. Hell, you can find the answers to half of them right on the main page.
    2010-08-05 03:04 AM
    if you have wifi go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone and do the slide to jailbreak thing and it will jailbreak it. PS. dont let the screen go black or else the jailbreak will fail and you have to restart iphone and try again.
    2010-08-05 03:10 AM
    Jesus, spend 5 minutes on this website and you'll find every single answer to this. Hell, you can find the answers to half of them right on the main page.
    I never understood you people who take the time to post a reply who's content is 1) not an answer to the question 2) criticizing the thread starter.

I'm _GREEN_ when it comes to jailbreak, and I'd rather not make a mistake.

If you have no intention of helping; don't bother posting.

if you have wifi go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone and do the slide to jailbreak thing and it will jailbreak it. PS. dont let the screen go black or else the jailbreak will fail and you have to restart iphone and try again.
    Thanks, do I have to upgrade my OS to 4.0 or 4.0.1 via iTunes before I do this?
    2010-08-05 03:12 AM
    It will work on 3.1.3 where you are now, but it'll also work on 4.0.1 if you want to upgrade to that.
    2010-08-05 03:22 AM
    I never understood you people who take the time to post a reply who's content is 1) not an answer to the question 2) criticizing the thread starter.

I'm _GREEN_ when it comes to jailbreak, and I'd rather not make a mistake.

If you have no intention of helping; don't bother posting.

Thanks, do I have to upgrade my OS to 4.0 or 4.0.1 via iTunes before I do this?
    I never understood you people who post questions without doing even the slightest bit of research beforehand. You can find the answers to these questions in under a minute using the search feature on this site.

I did answer your question. I said the information can be found on the main page of this site. I just did not spoon feed you the info that is basically impossible to avoid.
    2010-08-05 04:03 AM
    I never understood you people who post questions without doing even the slightest bit of research beforehand. You can find the answers to these questions in under a minute using the search feature on this site.

I did answer your question. I said the information can be found on the main page of this site. I just did not spoon feed you the info that is basically impossible to avoid.
    Gees, give the guy a break, the jailbreaking scene is always changing, and it is nice to have someone who is in the loop confirm whatever it is you're wanting to know, even if it is on the front page.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-05 04:24 AM
    Gees, give the guy a break, the jailbreaking scene is always changing, and it is nice to have someone who is in the loop confirm whatever it is you're wanting to know, even if it is on the front page.
    C'mon, there is no excuse for the pure laziness of the OP. It's better to work for something than to be handed to you. And in this case there is very little work to be done... It would take less time to find his answer than to post the question. Even people who don't frequent this forum or jailbreak their iDevices know that there is a jailbreak for iPhone 4.
    2010-08-05 05:29 AM
    C'mon, there is no excuse for the pure laziness of the OP. It's better to work for something than to be handed to you. And in this case there is very little work to be done... It would take less time to find his answer than to post the question. Even people who don't frequent this forum or jailbreak their iDevices know that there is a jailbreak for iPhone 4.
    A little lazy? I suppose, but still, I've never understood the people who post saying "USE THE FREAKING SEARCH BUTTON" when they could simply ignore the post and let other people who are willing to help answer.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-05 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD