I bought i unlocked IPHONE 3GS 32G off ebay and updated the phone using itunes. I updated it to 4.0 and he restored factory settings. It is now locked in emergency calls only so cant get to settings or anything like that. Iíve tried T-mobile, O2, and Vodaphone and it is still asking me for the correct carrier or the iphone, I asked the person I bought it of and they insured me it was a UK phone.

Does anybody know how to find out the carrier/network its on or if I can do anything else thank you.
    2010-08-05 06:41 PM
    The two official carriers in the uk are o2 and orange I believe. It'll be one or the other. Both carriers will also carrier unlock the phone for a small fee.
    2010-08-05 08:30 PM
    Ok thank you. Ive tried O2, vodaphone and t-mobile, none of them worked. If i try orange and it doesnt work, does this mean its AT & T???
    2010-08-05 08:57 PM
    When you say you've tried those carriers, does that mean you've put in a sim from each of them and tried to activate through iTunes?
    2010-08-05 09:18 PM
    Yeah i've put in each of those sims in my phone and tried to activate it and its still saying the same thing. does it matter if they're pay as you go or contract sims?
    2010-08-05 09:21 PM
    Not entirely sure on the pay as you go thing, but if you've already tried o2 then an orange sim should activate it.
    2010-08-05 09:37 PM
    Yeah im going to try the orange one if that doesnt work ill cry
    2010-08-05 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD