User Tag List

Hey,

I have a 3GS with the bootrom (359.3), which is the older bootrom, or so I understand from scanning forums and doing searches. I also understand that it is desirable to have this version for ease of untethered jailbreaking.

There is one question I have not been able to find an answer to. Is it possible to accidentally upgrade the bootrom? During a iOS upgrade for instance, or maybe through some other upgrade function of itunes. Or once I have this bootrom, am I set on that bootrom for the life of the phone?

I seem to have figured out have to upgrade and even downgrade iOS versions fairly easily. I also have figured out how to jailbreak as needed. But I've always done so using backups (shift-restore in itunes) and have never officially upgraded the OS version for fear of upgrading the bootrom along with it.

Thanks for the help,
    -PW
    2010-08-05 09:20 PM
    The bootrom wont get upgraded. It's hard encoded to the hardware on the phone. Upgrading the os wont change it at all.
    2010-08-05 11:25 PM
    The bootrom wont get upgraded. It's hard encoded to the hardware on the phone. Upgrading the os wont change it at all.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    2010-08-05 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD