Well the only thing I can think of for you is to either restore, and set phone up as new, then try again.

Or, download iFile, safari download manager, then download the theme thru your safari on your phone. Then in iFile, navigate to where the theme is saved (i think the safari download manager package well tell you where they go) then copy it and paste it into the themes.xxxx folder (located by going to private/var/stash). Its all done thru the phone.

But that would be my last resort...youd have a hard time adding new icons or editing icons that way :/
    2010-08-06 06:21 PM
    Hey just so you know. Yes u can use ifunbox to get to core files. I just used it the other day an it worked fine for me.
    Have you tried adding winterboard themes you have downloaded on your comp? and is there anything special I need to do for it to transfer?

Well the only thing I can think of for you is to either restore, and set phone up as new, then try again.

Or, download iFile, safari download manager, then download the theme thru your safari on your phone. Then in iFile, navigate to where the theme is saved (i think the safari download manager package well tell you where they go) then copy it and paste it into the themes.xxxx folder (located by going to private/var/stash). Its all done thru the phone.

But that would be my last resort...youd have a hard time adding new icons or editing icons that way :/
    Okay, I'm going to try that. I'm officially in last resort mode But thank you so much for your help and Will, I appreciate it so much.
    2010-08-06 06:52 PM
    I've added themes before using iFunbox
    2010-08-06 06:59 PM
    I've added themes before using iFunbox
    Okay well here's my other problem. I figured out how to get themes onto my phone using iPhoneBrowser. I'm trying to do this theme I saw on youtube, it was one of the main reason I jb'd. But I get the themes onto winterboard and in the right order and it doesn't work.. Does that mean this jb doesn't support it?
    2010-08-06 07:09 PM
    Could you explain what your doing, and also a link to the video would be nice
    2010-08-06 07:30 PM
    Could you explain what your doing, and also a link to the video would be nice
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xk63ltbiIU]YouTube - ‪What Can A Jailbroken iPhone do?‬‎[/ame]

I'm on the first step lol, the lockscreen. I have the calendar,mail, etc all that on my lockscreen. But when I add the themes he has for it to my winterboard they do not work.
    2010-08-06 07:55 PM
    that theme is cool. but soo complicated, I'm gonna put it on mine later, and see how it goes
    Last edited by Will13; 2010-08-06 at 08:44 PM.
    2010-08-06 08:41 PM
    that theme is cool. but soo complicated, I'm gonna put it on mine later, and see how it goes
    Yeah there are a lot of steps, the directions and files are all in the info for the video. Goodluck and keep me posted I'm going to keep trying to get the themes to work so if I do, I will let you know.
    2010-08-06 10:00 PM
    How are you getting on?, I've been trying to get the tweaks and apps I need, but cydia keeps timing out or giving me errors
    2010-08-08 03:57 PM
    How are you getting on?, I've been trying to get the tweaks and apps I need, but cydia keeps timing out or giving me errors
    Well I couldn't do the lockscreen because of the problem in this thread but I started to do the homescreen and everything was going good until I couldn't find SpringJumps which makes the different pages. So I'm stuck at that part but the next part was transferring the Whitoken theme and I'm really curious to see if that is going to work.

Do you know if you need a Mac to use the Whitoken theme?
    2010-08-08 08:22 PM
    Don't think so, I've been using win7, and I can get springjumps but it time-out when downloading lol
    2010-08-08 08:51 PM
    Don't think so, I've been using win7, and I can get springjumps but it time-out when downloading lol
    I can download it but it crashes my springboard. Have you tried getting the themes to work in winterboard?
    Last edited by TheGuiltyPleasure; 2010-08-08 at 10:11 PM.
    2010-08-08 10:09 PM
    Nope, because you need the addons/tweaks for it to work
    2010-08-08 10:21 PM
    Nope, because you need the addons/tweaks for it to work
    Which ones can you not get? And have you tried the lockscreen? I'm curious if the themes will even work with this jb.
    2010-08-08 10:26 PM
    I haven't even tried the lock screen, thanks for reminding me , and it's pretty much all the apps that I can't get
    Last edited by Will13; 2010-08-08 at 10:43 PM.
    2010-08-08 10:41 PM
    Well I couldn't do the lockscreen because of the problem in this thread but I started to do the homescreen and everything was going good until I couldn't find SpringJumps which makes the different pages. So I'm stuck at that part but the next part was transferring the Whitoken theme and I'm really curious to see if that is going to work.

Do you know if you need a Mac to use the Whitoken theme?

Hey u know u can't use a theme from the iPhone 3GS to a iPhone 4. They are totally different u have to add @2x.png before all ur pics an icons. Bug pain in the butt. I don't know what iPhone u have but if u have a iPhone 3GS or earlier just resize them to the iPhone size but if u have a iPhone 4. It might take a good while. That's why alot of the themes in cydia don't work for the iPhone 4 yet is bc they have to change everything.
    2010-08-09 05:32 AM
    Hey u know u can't use a theme from the iPhone 3GS to a iPhone 4. They are totally different u have to add @2x.png before all ur pics an icons. Bug pain in the butt. I don't know what iPhone u have but if u have a iPhone 3GS or earlier just resize them to the iPhone size but if u have a iPhone 4. It might take a good while. That's why alot of the themes in cydia don't work for the iPhone 4 yet is bc they have to change everything.
    It's not a cydia theme, and it's for 3GS and under
    2010-08-09 02:29 PM
    Bumped for awareness and hopefully success stories?
    2010-08-18 02:17 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD