I just jailbreaked my iphone 4 with iOS 4.0 and I was just wondering if it would be safe to upgrade to the newest firmware.

Another question is, is my jailbreak backed up? Meaning if I wanted to completely restore my iphone would I be able to keep my jailbreak and all my apps without wasting my time re doing everything?
    2010-08-06 11:40 AM
    no.... a jailbreak goes away with an update..... and the new firmware is jailbreakable anyways.... so just update and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com or jailbreakme.modmyi.com....

if you are on your iphone just open up in safari and hit one of the links.... after that is done just reboot
    2010-08-06 12:46 PM
    Do you know if I will loose all my jailbreak apps and mods when I re-jailbreak? Will iTunes backup my jailbroken apps or something, my girlfriend wants to get an iphone too but she wants me to make it like mine so I was hoping I can just backup mine and load into hers.
    2010-08-06 11:09 PM
    There's some apps in cydia that stores all your cydia apps and stuff, so you can restore all of them
    2010-08-06 11:25 PM
    I just jailbreaked my iphone 4 with iOS 4.0 and I was just wondering if it would be safe to upgrade to the newest firmware.

Another question is, is my jailbreak backed up? Meaning if I wanted to completely restore my iphone would I be able to keep my jailbreak and all my apps without wasting my time re doing everything?
    Here are some steps to do both:

follow this tutorial on my website to backup your cydia apps
    update to 4.0.1
    jailbreak with jailbreakme.com
    use the app in the tutorial to restore your apps
    2010-08-08 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD