My FaceTime works over wifi, but when I install My3G FaceTime will not work over wifi or 3G. Anyone else with this issue??
    2010-08-06 05:19 PM
    i havent really experienced this before
    2010-08-06 05:32 PM
    I'm using a iPhone 4, I'm pretty new to all of this and a cydia rookie....it took me about an hour to get FaceTime working again over wifi. would hitting the "reload" button on cydia do me any good? I've googled that and really can't find any info as to what "reload" actually does.
    2010-08-06 06:26 PM
    reload just reloads info from the cydia and other repos (its like refreshing a web browser to show new updates)

check to see if your facetime is enabled in settings>general>phone
    2010-08-06 06:32 PM
    the only way I could get facetime ebabled was to remove my3g and reboot a few times. Every time I tried to enable facetime while havin my3g installed i would get the "activation unsuccessful" error.
    2010-08-06 06:48 PM
    A few things: I haven't tried my3g because I have 3gunrestrictor. I have a friend who has tried both and he said that 3g unrestristor works better. That being said, I think I may be able to help with your facetime problem. When the jb came out, I heard that there were mms and facetime problems and the way to fix them would be to install something on cydia called iphonedelivery. I installed the repo and app, without knowing if I needed it (stupid). I was having the same facetime problems where it would work on wifi and on 3g, with 3gunrestrictor activated, it would say "activation unsuccessful." I decided to delete the iphonedelivery app and now it works perfectly. If you have that app, delete it, it is most likely causing trouble.
    2010-08-07 07:13 AM
    I am having the same problem. I just uninstalled my3g, and my Face Time is working fine.
    2010-08-07 03:59 PM
    I removed the iphonedelivery source..installed 3g unrestrictor..respring..reset network connections and my iphone 4 is now working perfectly over wifi & 3G! Thanks for the tip joeg679!!
    2010-08-07 05:30 PM
    I had that happen after I installed My3G. I found that Facetime was not turned on in settings.
    2010-08-07 06:03 PM
    You're welcome. I know how frustrated I was when mine didn't work. Facetime over 3g isn't perfect, but it is still very cool.
    2010-08-07 06:41 PM
    My FaceTime will not work. It seems like after jailbreaking it will work for a while, but it won't work now at all. In fact, I have uninstalled MyWi, My3G, turned off and tried to turn back on FaceTime, and it won't even activate now. Something is broke somewhere, but I don't know what it is. I can send text messages fine, so its not that.
    2010-08-17 03:23 AM
    I can confirm that My3G is somehow screwing up Facetime. My Facetime would not activate until I removed My3G...as soon as I removed it and turned Facetime on, it activated.

Is there a fix for this? I'd like to be able to use Facetime on 3G.
    2010-09-15 04:23 PM
    sorry to resurrect this old thread

Has there been an update to this, I'm still having this issue on 4.1 with latest My3G. I contacted Intelliborn and they said they found a clash with activator, but even then it still didn't work. Their suggestion was to uninstall activator and try again. Do they know how many things get uninstall-ed if Activator goes? Needless to say I haven't tried this yet. Was going to restore iP4 but I find it a little extreme.

I've tried disabling all MS and tyring but still no go, facetime will not work at all with My3G installed. If I remove it then it works perfectly over WiFi.
    2010-12-13 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD