Hi,

i got a iphone 2g was unlocked and jailbroke on 3.0 then i gave it to my dad who cleared all content and settings, so i ended up restoring through itunes, firstly what firmware would it be on now (cant check through general settings since phone is emergency calls only and itunes requires activation) so i can jailbreak it again, i dont really need to unlock it since he'll be using his att sim, but i'll unlock anyways, so what application do i use to jailbreak

i tried using redsnow .8 for 3.0 firmware to jailbreak and get past activation but it says its done on the PC, but iphone screen stuck on downloading jailbreak data...

im using windows 7
    2010-08-07 05:01 PM
    Restore to 3.1.3, set up as new device, go to JailbreakMe.com and you "slide to jailbreak".
    2010-08-08 03:25 AM
    Jailbreakme is better for 4.0.

If an unlock is necessary, Redsn0w is best. It will jailbreak and unlock in one step. Upgrade to 3.1.3 (just hit upgrade in iTunes, it wont take you further than 3.1.3 on a 2G) then jailbreak and unlock with Redsn0w 0.9.4.

You need 3.1.2 ipsw for redsn0w and also the 3.9 and 4.6 binary bootloader files.

To get the BL files, google this "windows 3.9 and 4.6 binary bootloaders download". Assuming youre on windows.
    2010-08-08 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD