was having fun with my JBness til one day home buttons fails to close or exit apps, after on/off OS crashes, tried restoring which fails with errors 4 and 1604 and not my comp wont even recognise the iphone, it says one of the usb devices has malfunctioned and window doesnt recognise it,

same thing with my comp with different usb ports and 2 other laptops, different cable, Please help save my phone!
    2010-08-08 05:41 AM
    hmm. try a desktopmaybe... look up how to fix those errors maybe. about the phone not even being recognized... reinstall itunes maybe. complete uninstall and reinstall

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores
    2010-08-08 05:59 AM
    Are you restoring with a custom or stock firmware?

Put in DFU mode or recovery mode to get iTunes to recognize your phone. Then shift+restore with a stock fw.
    2010-08-08 06:54 AM
    i want to restore to stock firmware, coz 3 days after jailbreaking it all fucks up im quite dissapointed.

my phone is always at the usb -> itunes display, how do u get it to DFU mode or recovery?
    2010-08-08 07:32 AM
    Itunes+usb is recovery mode. Try shutting your phone off, then hold the home and power button for 10 seconds. Release power button but hold home for about 20 seconds until phone goes black. Make sure your phone is plugged in during this, your comp will make a sound when your phone goes into DFU (meaning your comp recognizes the device). Then open iTunes and it should detect your phone. Shift+restore to a stock fw.
    2010-08-08 07:50 AM
    i tried what u asked, but it seems like dfu mode isnt working for me, i turn it off, on again with home button and power button for 10 seconds until the screen blacks out again

but no dfu mode, no detection by cpu

oh yeh by the way now it doesnt switch on at all

probably no power since the comp doesnt charge it, but when u charge it with the power socket on the wall it still shows that usb link to itunes screen, not charging screen
    Last edited by Pokai; 2010-08-08 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-08 07:56 AM
    My computer today just quit recognizing my iPhone or both my iPod touches, I reinstalled iTunes COMPLETELY Apple has a guide how, like you have do uninstall the software in certain order and stuff. Then I reinstalled iTunes and it started to detect my iPhone and iPod Touches, I suggest doing that, if it still doesn't recognize try a different cable, maybe your cable is broken? Or if you have another iDevice try that, if that is not recognized then most likely it is your cable or iTunes. Dfu restore + new iTunes should do the trick.
    Nvm cable thing didn't see the last part lol.
    2010-08-08 08:02 AM
    i would love to dfu restore if it will let me go into DFU at all!
    2010-08-08 08:03 AM
    If it isnt powering on, you probably are in DFU mode. Try restarting your computer first.

Kick your phone out with Recboot to turn on. Then follow this proper guide.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    2010-08-08 08:05 AM
    DFU restore: Make sure your phone is off, try holding down the power button then it should be off. Now hold both power and home button for 10 seconds I believe, then let go of the power button WITHOUT letting go of home, keep holding home for 30 seconds, now it should be a black screen means you got to dfu mode, if it is an iTunes logo and charger means you got into recovery/restore mode, to fix it retry the steps by holding down power to power phone off then repeat. Once done I suggest hooking it up to see if it connects.
    2010-08-08 08:08 AM
    oh yeh now another problem, my iphone doesnt seem to be charging at all with cpu or power socket, why is this?
    2010-08-08 08:13 AM
    Ok so probably your iPhones connector is broken, if iTunes wont recognize it on different computers with different cables and you can't charge it. Do you have any other iDevice? Try connecting those to iTunes/the charger, see if they charge and sync. If they do then your iPhone probably has some hardware or software malfunction, you probably need to take it to an Apple store if it does.
    2010-08-08 08:26 AM
    Well It doesnt show charging display, but it does show the usb link itunes display when i connect it to the addapter.

Whole Story is
    Iphone crashed due to jailbreak
    windows did recognise it at first so i attempt to restore
    restore failed, failed again and again and again
    until later on windows doesnt recognise iphone nor does DFU get recognised

WTF do i do now
    2010-08-08 08:51 AM
    Try restoring on a different computer. I thought my 3G was bricked because it was stuck on the "plug into iTunes" screen too. Whenever I tried to restore on my Macbook Pro I kept getting error 1611. I tried DFU mode, restarting the computer, and changing USB ports to no avail.

I went to work and tried it on a Windows computer and it restored like a charm.
    2010-08-08 01:59 PM
    i went to apple today and got a total replacement, all good i guess
    2010-08-09 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD