User Tag List

I wanted to jailbreak my iPhone 4 with the new jailbreakme.com method and had a question.

My phone currently syncs and backs up each time I connect to iTunes. When I go to edit--preferences--devices in iTunes, the only restore points available is one when I first got my iPhone and another of my most recent sync.

If I jailbreak my phone and I continue syncing each time I connect, will each restore contain data that I jailbroke? If I decide I want to go back to a point without a jailbreak, do I need to make a specific restore point now with no jailbroken data? Or will jailbroken data just not be saved at each restore point?

Just want to make sure that if I decide I have to take my phone to Apple or want to go back, I have an option.

Any help would be great.
    Thank you!
    2010-08-08 12:54 PM
    Not. itunes never delete or save all your jailbroken app or mod or info when you sync itunes just save the original info from the idivece like the app you download from the app stored contact, photos , itunes music ect.

Itl's save to sync if you are jailbroken.

if you need to taKE your phone to apple make you do restored you idivece to the oroginal setting you can do da by connecting you idivece to itunes click restod that will delete all you jailbroken info from your idivece
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock
    2010-08-08 01:37 PM
    So basically what he is saying is, it IS safe to sync, but if you ever need to get it repaired or have to bring it to Apple for whatever, you will just plug into iTunes and click "Restore". Keep in mind, this deletes ALL DATA so make sure you have it all backed up.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!
    2010-08-08 05:22 PM
    Yes but when you sync iTunes backup all your apps and info.
    2010-08-08 05:38 PM
    Thank you Patato22 and Bassface!

Your comments are reassuring! Thank you very much!

Also, is there any way I can create a permanent restore/backup point (i.e. like the FIRST backup and the most recent backups that always show up) of my current iPhone? I want to create one without any music or heavy data so that I can easily restore to this point with the most basic apps and required data.

Also, is my contact information (through Google contacts) synced separately from my restore/backups? Meaning if I create a permanent restore/backup point (if it's possible) and I add more contacts in the process, when I restore it back to this permanent point, will I lose my contacts that I added in the process?

Thanks!
    2010-08-08 09:34 PM
    Well, I don't know about the second question (I use an iTouch so I don't have contacts), but for the first one, just plug in your iPhone, right click it in the left pane in iTunes, click Backup, and let it go. This saves all of your settings and things, but doesn't back up music, movies, or apps. This way, if you needed to restore, you could still have your same settings and the stock apps without the heavy data.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!
    2010-08-15 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD