Hey guys, sorry to make a new thread but I searched around and couldnt find anything to piggyback onto.

My mate is trying to jb his mate's 3GS 3.1.3 using Spirit. He said the actuall jailbreak went fine but he opened itunes after, itunes started a sync and he slid to cancel it.

Now the docked icons are gone (maybe just hidden (i forgot to ask)) and cydia is gone, it cannot even be found in spotlight. Since he hadnt installed mobileterminal or openSSH yet I said the only way to get cydia back is to run spirit again. Apparently spirit is spitting out error 1 and just genrally not working. He said he used the updated spirit that is itunes 9.2 compatible.

The iphone in question doesnt have 3.1.3 shsh blobs saved anywhere and everyones really trying to avoid 4.0.1 (mainly for the sake of familiarity, I think).

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Edit: I realize the title for this post is a little misguided, its wasnt really a spirit failure, but whatever.

Thanks.

I realize now that jailbreakme.com jbs 3.1.3 so I'll try that. Any ideas past that anyone?

Apparently all the native iphone apps are gone (cant be found in spotlight) as well as cydia. Still havnt tried jailbreakme.com yet.
    Last edited by Bladaw; 2010-08-09 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-09 08:36 AM
    Well, I'd say he somehow messed up his SpringBoard, so his best bet would be to go ahead and go to iOS4 and use jailbreakme. I wouldn't rejailbreak with 2 different tools, because that's really just asking for trouble.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!
    2010-08-09 08:40 AM
    I think he's going to try jailbreakme.com and if its messed up just restore it to 4.0.1 and then hit jailbreakme.com, that was my advice at least. Im not too optimistic about jbme.com working either, but its worth a try.

Thanks Bassface
    2010-08-09 11:17 AM
    If he does a DFU restore, it will erase ALL files, so it will be a normal stock iPhone. Therefore, if JailbreakMe has worked for anyone, it should work for you!
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!
    2010-08-14 11:26 PM
    If he does a DFU restore, it will erase ALL files
    Yeah, I think thats what he did. A 4.0.1 restore was always our fallback plan and it turns out it was needed. The iphone is now happily on jbed 4.0.1. Thanks for the help.
    2010-08-16 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD