I have just Jailbroken my 3GS on 4.01 through Jailbreakme.com, which was really easy, so I've been trying to learn whats what in the whole 'new world'. Anyway, I added a few bits and pieces, had a few crashes, safe mode starts, figured to remove the last program before the crash to rectify, this seems to work. Anyway, I did a sync and it removed the apps that I had installed through **********, is this normal? Does it mean that I can't sync again without losing what I've done?

Your advice is appreciated as I am a complete newbie to this iphone world (which I love by the way and will never go back)
    2010-08-09 11:01 AM
    Do you have AppSync for 4.0 installed? You need that when using the above mentioned app.
    2010-08-09 11:59 AM
    No I haven't, but I have now, Thank you.

Is there a backup app that you recommend, to back up my Cydia apps?

Also, one last question, is it quite common for springboard to crash and put my phone into safe mode when you install new apps?
    2010-08-09 01:56 PM
    There's AppBackup on cydia, not sure if its compatible with 4.0 so you'd need to try it out, it'll make life easier should you have to restore your phone. My springboard only goes into safe mode when I've installed something that's not compatible, not each time I install something.. Just check what you're loading onto your phone is working on os4.
    Last edited by disenchanted; 2010-08-09 at 02:21 PM.
    2010-08-09 02:16 PM
    This forum does not allow talk about pirated apps. Please read the rules.
    2010-08-09 02:36 PM
    Thanks disenchanted, your help is much appreciated.

Simtech, as I said i'm a complete novice, so not really sure what pirated apps I've talked about, sorry anyway and thanks for making me feel so welcome.
    2010-08-09 05:59 PM
    Anything that is installed through ********** (notice the blanking out of the name automatically??) is a pirated app. All forums have rules and regulations. You're welcome...
    2010-08-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.