Hello

I have a iphone 4 (ver. 4.0 (8A293) & firm 01.59.00)that I want to JB only so that I can use it as a hotspot for my ipad. So my question is, is it worth it I don't want any of the other features @ this time....i.e. unlock or theme..etc.
    My biggest concern is the # of issues that I keep readin about from most of the ppl that have used the jailbreakme.com.

Any & all input will be appreciated

Thanks in Advance!
    2010-08-09 09:22 PM
    Please point out these "issues". I also find it funny that you're asking a bunch of iPhone jailbreakers on a modding site if it's worth it to jailbreak
    2010-08-09 09:35 PM
    There are no issues with the JB. The only people who are experiencing problems are those who go on Cydia and download apps and customizations without knowing what they're doing.
    2010-08-09 10:45 PM
    Please point out these "issues". I also find it funny that you're asking a bunch of iPhone jailbreakers on a modding site if it's worth it to jailbreak
    Thanks, "issues" facetime not working, app's not workin & or not appering or dissapperin? There's a # of them on the site.

And yes ur it is some what "funny" but im not sure if it would be better off to ewait till they fix some of the current bugs in this jb, is all!

Thanks Again

There are no issues with the JB. The only people who are experiencing problems are those who go on Cydia and download apps and customizations without knowing what they're doing.
    Ok, well see thats the type of info i was looking for, cuz again my only interest is in usin my iphone as a hotspot once its jb.

Thanks
    Last edited by cjuni; 2010-08-09 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-09 10:49 PM
    facetime is working now and so is MMS was only the 1st batch that upgraded. as long as you make as a new device and a clean install I dont see anyproblem.

is jailbreakme.com still working there were concerns that apple is trying to shut it down. please just wait 5 more days untill my misses gets her iphone 4 aswell so I can do that
    2010-08-09 10:55 PM
    facetime is working now and so is MMS was only the 1st batch that upgraded. as long as you make as a new device and a clean install I dont see anyproblem.

"is jailbreakme.com still working there were concerns that apple is trying to shut it down. please just wait 5 more days untill my misses gets her iphone 4 aswell so I can do that
    "

not sure who/what the 2nd half of the post?

By "as long as a new device" meanin what? Don't restore it from a backup?
    2010-08-09 11:02 PM
    yes, basicly when ever you restore firmware you have a choice of restoring your data and settings, or starting as a new phone, allways pick new phone, then your less likely to have problems, also i know this is more a iPhone 4 topic, but i jailbreaked my 3GS a few hours after the new jailbreak came out, and the only real problem Ive been having is the date and time keep changing, could be a app Ive installed, or the fact I sometimes leave my sim out of it for awhile at a time
    2010-08-10 12:21 AM
    yes, basicly when ever you restore firmware you have a choice of restoring your data and settings, or starting as a new phone, allways pick new phone, then your less likely to have problems, also i know this is more a iPhone 4 topic, but i jailbreaked my 3GS a few hours after the new jailbreak came out, and the only real problem Ive been having is the date and time keep changing, could be a app Ive installed, or the fact I sometimes leave my sim out of it for awhile at a time
    Great, thanks again....I will go ahead and give it a try.

But as far as this goes

"facetime is working now and so is MMS was only the 1st batch that upgraded"

was this fixed on there end or is there something I will have to do after i jb the phone?
    2010-08-10 12:30 AM
    it was in the form of a cydia update if I remmber rightly..
    2010-08-10 12:34 AM
    ok runnin it now...thanks!

one last question, should i stay with ver 4.0 or upgrade to 4.0.1?
    Last edited by cjuni; 2010-08-10 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-10 12:50 AM
    up to you, its only differnt signal bars
    2010-08-10 01:03 AM
    ok, well just finished with the JB and I turned off the phone & restated it but now its stuck wit silver apple in he front screen....wtf!
    2010-08-10 01:07 AM
    is there a little round loading thing spinning?
    2010-08-10 01:09 AM
    all i did was go to web site installed cydia and power off the phone, now itune donest even see it????

is there a little round loading thing spinning?
    nope, should I just restore it?

oh well restorin it now, once its done restorin do i have to go back re-jailbreak it?
    Last edited by cjuni; 2010-08-10 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-10 01:15 AM
    all i did was go to web site installed cydia and power off the phone, now itune donest even see it????

nope, should I just restore it?

oh well restorin it now, once its done restorin do i have to go back re-jailbreak it?
    you mean the app cydia?, did you let it finish updating before rebooting?, and yeah you'll have to re-jailbreak it, sorry for kinda slow response was watching DBZ Abridged
    2010-08-10 01:26 AM
    well now iM @ a bigger LOST, its done with the restore and update, but its still stuck on the silver apple......with nothin spinnnin in front of it......
    2010-08-10 01:30 AM
    did you re-jailbreak it?, and thats wierd why its doing that..
    2010-08-10 01:34 AM
    restorin again.....wtf!

did you re-jailbreak it?, and thats wierd why its doing that..
    nope it hasnt done anything since i restore it the 1st time, its ont the 2nd restore.

Can you detail what are the next steps if the 2nd restore works...please?

Thanks Again
    Last edited by cjuni; 2010-08-10 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-10 01:38 AM
    set up as new phone, and if you want to jailbreak do that, then lauch cydia, wait till it updates, then restart, tho some say to restart straight after you've jailbroken but I like lauching cydia first
    2010-08-10 01:42 AM
    SWEET....finally restore fresh & clean nothing on it....now what?

set up as new phone, and if you want to jailbreak do that, then lauch cydia, wait till it updates, then restart, tho some say to restart straight after you've jailbroken but I like lauching cydia first
    OK, now im settin it up as a new phone and then JB, correct?
    Last edited by cjuni; 2010-08-10 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-10 01:50 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD