So I restored it expecting to be able to put in a iPhone sim that will allow iTunes to activate it (like the 3G, 3GS and IP4) but it asks for a valid AT&T sim.......then after that it asks for the persons last 4 of social.

Then it FORCES you to pick a plan, right then and there. I don't have valid AT&T service anymore and i don't want to ask anyone i know to go through the trouble of changing their plan temporarily just to get this stupid phone activated.

Is there any program I can use to get around this. The power button is flakey so getting into DFU the regular is IMPOSSIBLE. Is there any way to get this thing activated or into DFU with out pressing the buttons.
    2010-08-12 03:56 PM
    No. you need to hold power and home buttons to get into DFU mode. You have to restore the firmware in itunes. Are you running on T-Mobile?

(Hit the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...
    2010-08-12 04:06 PM
    I know how to get into DFU the traditional way but the power button is too flakey.......Sometimes i have issues powering the handset on. Its been restored but thats the problem....now I can't get the phone activated to use one of the many JB methods that are out there.

I'm actually using my AT&T aircard service in my iPhone 4 (My company pays for my phone and made me get off ATT earlier this year but they let me keep my aircard service with AT&T.....for now).
    2010-08-12 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD